Playing at Drumclog?

· 1 · 2107

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
Playing at Drumclog?
« on: August 23, 2011, 10:37:33 AM »
I've just spent 10 minutes on the phone to the operators of the Drumclog site - who were told that some of our people were driving around without paying.

It turns out that the owners saw "several land rovers" playing in the river, and they know that no monies came from them.

Normally, we have exclusive use of the site, however this time we didn't... and that was an added complication.
Normally, we can stop people who are not involved in our competition playing.... this time we couldn't - all we could do was push them to one half of the site

I have convinced them that is was none of our people: I know all the marshals were in posts whilst the event was running, and that everyone was either clearing the course or packing up their camp-site.

To be blunt - it is not in our interest to "Mess in our own nest"..... here, or anywhere else!
To be blunt - if you abuse our access to a site, the club will lose access to that site!

If anyone WAS playing around - not setting up, marshalling, checking the sections, or taking down the sections - I would suggest that the organisers (the event organisers!) don't find out about it....