Charity Off Road Driving Event- October

· 8 · 4733

Alarmgard

Charity Off Road Driving Event- October
« on: July 18, 2011, 04:38:27 PM »
Hi All,

I am involved in the organisation of an off road driving event that is being put on to raise funds. Basically were looking at putting on a number of activities on, at off road site and teams of 4 people will rotate round the activities during a day. They will be having a go at driving in some and in others they will be driven.

So were looking to have about 12 different activities, at the moment were looking at the following:

Off Road Course - Driven by experienced person
Off Road Course - a gentle course where they get the opportunity to drive, with an experienced person giving them help and assistance.
Tyro Course - another opportunity to drive with an experienced person giving help and assistance
Tracked vehicle - Driving opportunity
Quad bikes - Driving opportunity
Comp Safari experience - Get driven round a basic course to give an idea of what these vehicles can do.
Tractor - Driving opportunity.
Diggers - Get to try driving a digger and dumper

The above are just an example of what were looking at. What I am posting for is to see if anyone would be up for helping with any of the above, if you have a another activity you would be happy to provide or if you have an unusual vehicle or bit of plant that could be of interest.

I cant promise any payment for getting involved, but I say it will be a really enjoyable day, you will be fed well and the help would be appreciated by at lot of local people.

As I said the event will be towards the end of October and it wont clash with any of the SLROC Events, its not certain it will run yet as I need to ensure we have enough vehicles to actually put the event on.

If your interested in helping out then please get in touch with me by email please colin.rodger@virgin.net

« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 04:40:20 PM by Alarmgard »
Colin Rodger

Marshals needed for CompSafari's give me a call if you can help.
Email:colin.rodger@virgin.net or mobile: 07767726075

Disco Robbo

• Name: Robbie Lawson
Re: Charity Off Road Driving Event- October
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 11:01:19 AM »
Pm Sent.

Robbie
1987 Ex Mod LR 90
2002 Land Rover Discovery TD5

yellodisco

• Name: Alan Griffith
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 11:29:11 PM »
PM sent, Alan

Alan Mc

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 09:57:19 AM »
Hi - I'll drop you an email Colin but happy to assist as it's for a good cause.  Am a member without a LRover at the moment so can perhaps help in some non-driving way.

Alan
07771 966699

ffourphantomfixer

• Name: Andrew Forrest
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 10:54:11 AM »
PM / email sent

Drew.
She said at my age I need something else to play with

Alarmgard

Postponed - Charity Off Road Driving Event- October
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 11:48:44 PM »
Thanks to everyone who has offered to help with this event, however its been postponed till early in 2012. We have been working hard to get everything in place to run the event. With a few key elements taking longer than anticipated to get sorted, we felt it wasn't fair to the participants to only give them a few weeks to get organised, so we are postponing the event.

I hope to make full details of the new date before the end of November, if you want to be kept informed of progress with the event then please drop me an email colin.rodger@virgin.net and I will keep you informed.

Thanks again to all for the offers of assistance.

Regards, Colin.
Colin Rodger

Marshals needed for CompSafari's give me a call if you can help.
Email:colin.rodger@virgin.net or mobile: 07767726075

Alan Mc

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 07:37:47 AM »
Thanks for the update.  Still interested in assisting so pls keep me posted on the date.  Alan.

yellodisco

• Name: Alan Griffith
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 11:10:09 PM »
hi Colin, still happy to help out, dependent on date - please keep me posted, Alan