Have I Been Banned!?!

· 13 · 2549

Black Sheep

• "should have bought a 90"
Have I Been Banned!?!
« on: June 27, 2011, 06:18:08 PM »
Hi, just wondering if there are any system issues with the forum? When I try to access on my own or my wifes pc I'm getting a message saying "sorry black sheep you are banned from using this forum"! I can access ok via my phone though. I don't recall upsetting anyone lol. Thanks in advance.
 :)

Alarmgard

Re: Have I Been Banned!?!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 06:21:20 PM »
Doubt you have been banned, I dont think Alan will have worked out how to do that bit yet  :P

The site was down last night and a fair bit today.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 06:43:00 PM by Alarmgard »
Colin Rodger

Marshals needed for CompSafari's give me a call if you can help.
Email:colin.rodger@virgin.net or mobile: 07767726075

geoff

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 06:37:59 PM »
every family has a black sheep

Sorry ;D ;D

Black Sheep

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 06:45:35 PM »
Colin,thanks for the reply. I never knew the site had been down. If the jeep was beating everyone I could understand but I cant even get my scores below 15!!!!  ;D

coolcamper55

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 09:28:36 PM »
I too had issues getting in could not get from the main page to the forum. Just the usual IE message saying site unavailable but if you got a message aimed at you then I would ask some of the Administrators for an explanation just incase its been hacked. Could be an issue maybe not but needs and answer.

T

Graeme

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 08:30:14 AM »
and there was me thinking sandy had taken the web site back :-X

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 09:06:27 AM »
I don't know why the site was down.... I heard nothing, and got no announcements from the hosting company about down-times.

I can only assume it was an un-planned network outage at the hosting site as I can see no changes to the site.
(I've not yet made time to dig into file & file-permissions on the web server itself)

Navigator

• Discovery 4 Causeway
  • Name: Stuart Clink
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 09:38:12 AM »
A lot of forums/sites have been down recently due to it being warm in England. Even the trains were being cancelled in the middle of the day because the wires were too warm! 
Navigator          GM1VBE

wee gaz

• Disco,s here Disco,s there
  • Name: Garry Dalziel
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 09:52:34 AM »
I had the banned message too but my mate in the same town could log in i couldnt even got him to use my log in and no problems i put it down to being in iraq the net is a dodgy out here at the best of times lol

tgreer

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 10:31:23 AM »
A lot of forums/sites have been down recently due to it being warm in England. Even the trains were being cancelled in the middle of the day because the wires were too warm! 

If it's hosted in a proper datacentre then the rise in temperature should have made no effect on the hosting ability... only thing I can suggest is downtime.... It wasn't the server hosting SLROC that was down, it what the name servers that convert www.slroc.co.uk to the IP required. </geek>
1975 Series 3 Land Rover - ex-MOD 109" Hard Top
3.0L V6 Ford Essex

Black Sheep

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2011, 06:35:52 PM »
I had the banned message too but my mate in the same town could log in i couldnt even got him to use my log in and no problems i put it down to being in iraq the net is a dodgy out here at the best of times lol
I'm in Livingston, just dodgy full stop lol
This is strange though, I can access at work, on my mobile and on my old lap top at home but on my wifes laptop and the house's new one I'm getting the banned message.
Could it be my laptops?
Any help appreciated.

TIA

Ross

tgreer

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2011, 07:02:12 PM »
I'm in Livingston, just dodgy full stop lol
This is strange though, I can access at work, on my mobile and on my old lap top at home but on my wifes laptop and the house's new one I'm getting the banned message.
Could it be my laptops?
Any help appreciated.

TIA

Ross

Could be an IP Ban... Admins might want to check the ban list... IP could have been recycled and Ross has one thats in the ban list.
1975 Series 3 Land Rover - ex-MOD 109" Hard Top
3.0L V6 Ford Essex

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2011, 09:25:44 PM »
It took a bit of digging.... but here we are:

27th June 2011 ? 16:00

Both machines have now been stable for the last hour, and normal service has been restored. We apologise to all our affected customers.

[27th June 2011 - 12.00]

Engineers are investigating a problem with the shared hosting services orange and aqua. A further update will be posted shortly.

(we are on "Orange")