Law Changes to Car Insurance

· 22 · 4113

piper5

Re: Law Changes to Car Insurance
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 06:16:30 PM »
and fife have a purge on this weekend.

Tim

• Carbon has a footprint but it has no feet.........
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 10:32:22 PM »
So did Strathclyde in and around Helensburgh
On my drive now - Zanzibar Bronze Evoque 5 door Dynamic Lux Plus with Intelligence & Black Packs with Tan interior
Gone - Fuji White RR Evoque Coupe Dynamic Lux Plus
Staying - 1996 Epsom Green TDi 300 CHT that is now a CSW

landysam1

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 12:08:00 PM »
Hi
I have just read all the attached posts and totally agree with all the points about uninsured drivers, however I notice that no one mentions that due to rip off insurance company's in rip off Britain its near impossible to insure young drivers unless you are prepared to pay an absolute fortune. Again as brits we all lie down to the laws and government and just do as we are told. Maybe we should point our comments toward the insurance companies who have increased the insurance premiums for young male drivers by some 60% is it any wonder they don't have insurance.
Earlier this year I tried to insure my 17 year old son for a 1.2 hairdryer to be quoted between ?4000 and ?8000 pounds in fact one guy got me a great deal ( in his words ) its only ?580 a MONTH, think he was on drugs or maybe he makes more money than me. this was a tad expensive as my son earns ?75.00 a week and wants to work not like some of the Aholes today.
So why don't we start a discussion about how to get insurance companies to live in the real world and maybe some of these genuine young people can insure their cars and get on with life. 

Please reply as I would be interested  to see if you are all happy being ripped off or if you don't care because it doesn't affect you.

thanks
Sam   

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2011, 01:17:50 PM »
Its going to affect me soon - two youngsters....

G.
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

Piwi

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2011, 07:18:31 PM »
The only way to change the insurance companies rip off style tactics is to have them strictly regulated .
300 tdi , 3 door discovery
200 tdi 110 utility
300 tdi 90
200 tdi 110 csw
Td5 Discovery
Currently 97 Japanese import 300 tdi Discovery.

landysam1

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2011, 07:37:36 PM »
hi

yes but don't forget the most of them are owned by banks and look at the mess they got us in.

Or is this how they get their sorry our money back.

Regards
Sam

kevin18050

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2011, 01:22:46 PM »
agreed total rip ! off, if the gov say you must have it they should make it accesable for joe bloggs not just lotto winners  :-\ having said that if you don't have it DON'T DRIVE  lol