Wanted - Series IIA Bulkhead and wings

· 5 · 1186

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
Wanted - Series IIA Bulkhead and wings
« on: June 12, 2011, 11:13:01 PM »
We are doing up a 1961 Series IIA that has had a Series 3 front stuck on it - it would be nice to get it looking a bit more original. Does anyone happen to have a decent Series IIA bulkhead, front panel and wings floating about ?

cash available - or swap for a pretty good Series 3 Bulkhead and wings....  ;D

Thanks

Gene.

If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

ffourphantomfixer

• Name: Andrew Forrest
Re: Wanted - Series IIA Bulkhead and wings
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 12:54:35 AM »
Gene.
Hows the engine build cumin along?
Drew. (the crab)
She said at my age I need something else to play with

genem

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 01:07:29 PM »
Gene.
Hows the engine build cumin along?
Drew. (the crab)

We've taken the head off and left the pots soaking in ATF for a month - still solid, so the next plan is to get the sump off and strip it from below. 

rangerovering

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 05:07:35 PM »
Have a Series 3 bulkhead spare if its any use. Needs footwells and the bottom of the door pillars tidied up. Otherwise very good, top rail is clean. Open to offers, the money is for a tdi rebuild to get my neighbours 107 SW going!

Have you tried soaking the bores in diesel and then getting a decent size lump of wood (fence stob type is ideal) and beating it down on the piston with a suitably weighted LR tool no 1?
Steve

genem

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 06:39:33 PM »
Have a Series 3 bulkhead spare if its any use. Needs footwells and the bottom of the door pillars tidied up. Otherwise very good, top rail is clean. Open to offers, the money is for a tdi rebuild to get my neighbours 107 SW going!

Have you tried soaking the bores in diesel and then getting a decent size lump of wood (fence stob type is ideal) and beating it down on the piston with a suitably weighted LR tool no 1?

Thanks but thats the point - we have a good Series 3 Bulkhead on it already, I want to replace it with a IIA bulkhead and wings to get it closer to "original".  Yep, been soaking the bores, but with ATF. I now have a decent pile of ATF soaked kindling as a result of repeated attempts to use "Tools, Infantry, Applied Kinetic Energy, Large" on the problem.