110 body capping

· 19 · 6527

top drive

• They gave me an MOT - fools
Re: 110 body capping
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 02:52:33 PM »
sadly i thought that might be the case :(

im attacking mine at the moment my self- top corners , door posts and one footwell.

ashcroft do refurbed(a repaired one)  galvanised replacements for about 700 nicker - a deposit for returning your old one.
`87 ninety - full rebuild with 11l 200tdi conversion ,2 inch lift and 13 inch shocks and relevent protection/sliders./ dislocation cones

Goes like a stabbed rat.

mudTerrain

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2011, 03:12:15 PM »
It's just the top of mine that's a bit ropey - the door posts and foot-wells are fine as far as I can see.

Anyway, I've now spoken to a very helpful chap called Johnathon at Strathearn Engineering and he's pretty much given me the worst-case scenario and a price for putting it right.  His opinion is that the bulkhead needs to come out to be repaired properly, it's a 40 hour job and he's quoted me 1400.00 for the pleasure.  To be honest, that doesn't seem as bad as I thought it might be...

Another question, then - I'm currently stripping bits off a Defender 90 (I don't know the year, but it seems to have a 2.5NA engine - I'll get the VIN off it when I'm next under the bonnet) - is it going to be worth my while having the bulkhead out of it?  Would it fit my TD5 with or without modification?  I appreciate it's a bit of a massive job (and I've only got a Haynes manual to go by), but if I had that and prepped it, would it save me much money in the long-run?

Of course, if anybody happens to have a TD5 bulkhead laying about that they're keen to get out of their garage, that would save me a lot of swearing and cut knuckles :)

Thanks as always,

Paul

top drive

• They gave me an MOT - fools
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2011, 03:19:38 PM »
anything of interest on the old 90 for the owner of a road going old 90 :D

go to landyzone.co.uk and in "busters guides" there is a photo guide to bulkhead swap - might be of interest
`87 ninety - full rebuild with 11l 200tdi conversion ,2 inch lift and 13 inch shocks and relevent protection/sliders./ dislocation cones

Goes like a stabbed rat.

mudTerrain

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2011, 07:36:44 PM »
Thanks for the link - there's loads of useful stuff there, but I can't see anything about removing the bulkhead - which one is it?

If you're looking for anything specific off the 90, let me know and I'll see if it's still there...there's not an awful lot left though, to be honest...

Paul