Auchentorlie

· 4 · 3110

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
Auchentorlie
« on: March 14, 2011, 09:02:20 AM »
Thank you to all the marshals who came out in the cold & the wet for the first event of the year.

It was deeply embarrassing to only have six competitors to keep you entertained... hopefully a situation that won't repeat when we're in Fife (phone calls are going to be made!)

It was also somewhat disheartening to then see several competitors arrive, sans comp-car, wander around for a bit, and then begger off when they'd got a bit cold...

On a positive note: every competitor finished, bar one.... and his "mechanical failure" was him frozen solid with approaching hypothermia (that was car 32... the man with no windscreen, no door-tops, no thermals, and a mad desire to go through every water-splash he could find (judging by the state of his car :D ) - Oh, he also broke a brake-calliper in the morning, but the service crew from Car 3 fixed that for him & sent him racing again....

They all enjoyed the day, complemented us on a good event, and were impressed by the safety the marshal provided...

The cars were averaging lap times between 5 & 7 minutes, well within the average speed limits... so smiles all round!

No videos on You Tube yet, however Ann has posted some photographs on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=274473&id=536607100&l=b0045410b3

geoff

Re: Auchentorlie
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 12:23:13 PM »
Hi

There is a link on the original post to you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVmUR0w31Gc

cheers

Geoff

AKM

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 12:56:05 PM »
Hi,

I have about 200 pics... digital is great - if any competitors would like a copy let me know what vehicle you were driving and I will send you copies...  ;D

AKM
AKM

LBART

• Name: lee bartlett
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 01:02:18 PM »
[quote author=Pilot Custard

It was also somewhat disheartening to then see several competitors arrive, sans comp-car, wander around for a bit, and then begger off when they'd got a bit cold...
[/quote]

Why are you guys picking on the drivers becouse they wanted to spectate turn up show face and give a bit of moral support to all takeing part.
had we been asked we would have been happy to help with any thing.

I personaly had other commitments hence why a was not raceing but made the time to pop along there to be presented with the trophy which a already had on the mantel !! and that never happened  >:(
TeamBart
Cross Country Motorsport