Snow forecast.

· 6 · 1939

8cylinder

Snow forecast.
« on: March 11, 2011, 07:52:40 PM »
Hey everyone,seeing as snow is forecast for a decent downpour over sat/sunday,is there anywere decent i can take the discovery for a bit of snow driving?
I am based in bathgate/armadale area.
Was thinking the bathgate hills?
Ideas anyone?

Radarears

• photo bucket
Re: Snow forecast.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 08:18:47 PM »
If you had been heading south from Glasgow this morning you would have had enough on the motorway to keep you happy and no visibility to boot, however as usual the artic's kept passing up the fast lane throwing it up on my windscreen and bonnet.
However by comparison Caithness on Wednesday morning after Helmsdale driving over the Ord was worse as at many point's we could not see the end of the bonnet due to the snow being blown off the hills and fields covering the road and then seeing a Steven's of Wick artic coming down the south bound lane at speed. Must have been due to them being higher up or they knew the road, this was a drive I will always remember.   :D :D :D :D :D :D     
Discovery td5 "Monte"

And the registered keeper of a Range Rover 4.0 se

Graeme

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 08:49:35 PM »
you should have sat pasenger in the fish lorries that used to go to london at night with candles as headlights

Tim

• Carbon has a footprint but it has no feet.........
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2011, 12:11:12 PM »

Here's the scene at midday in West Stirlingshire, it's nice having hardly any traffic on the A811 for a change............... maybe the cars have all fallen in the huge potholes at Arnprior. Certainly the stretch of the A811 that runs through our village hasn't been ploughed or gritted yet but what traffic there is still moving, albeit slowly.
Should make for an interesting Comp safari at Dumbarton - maybe dogsleds or skimobiles would be more appropriate to Land Rovers
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 12:13:02 PM by Tim »
On my drive now - Zanzibar Bronze Evoque 5 door Dynamic Lux Plus with Intelligence & Black Packs with Tan interior
Gone - Fuji White RR Evoque Coupe Dynamic Lux Plus
Staying - 1996 Epsom Green TDi 300 CHT that is now a CSW

Alarmgard

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2011, 12:38:11 PM »
Comp is still on, setup team on site at the moment, will keep updating the thread in the SCCC section. All help welcome.
Colin Rodger

Marshals needed for CompSafari's give me a call if you can help.
Email:colin.rodger@virgin.net or mobile: 07767726075

8cylinder

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2011, 02:05:11 PM »
Went looking for some snow today and found some up the bathgate hills.
Wanted to try out high range,low range,hill decent control etc etc,was very happy with the discoverys capabilities and at some points the snow got quite deep in places.
The hill in one of the pics had a tractor plough the snow up to the top of it,couldnt turn round so just drove through it. ;D
Done this route before in my old 4 motion golf and my audi a6,not to bad if u want to get out and play in the snow for a bit.

Cheers jay.