· 9 · 2238

jmccall85

lift kits 2"
« on: February 14, 2011, 12:49:56 AM »

rangerovering

Re: lift kits 2"
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 01:36:09 AM »
don't buy sh!tpart!

Anything remotely important is not worth the risk of it not working properly, msot bp stuff is a problem I have found.

Have heard of procomp shocks rusting quite quickly on the rams but this was a few yers ago now.

TBH to do the job properly it costs money, but buy the best you can afford especially if it is a multi use vehicle, not just a weekend toy.
Steve

geoffg

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 08:23:48 AM »
I've used Procomp +2" shocks on 2 RRC's with no problems at all. I used springs from DLS which were green stripe at the front and red/white stripe at the rear. Not quite a 2" lift, but adequate for rtv's and playdays.
Geoff :)

piper5

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 06:09:48 PM »
i would recommend mm4x4 i use them quite a lot stuffs better than others usually  totally agree with above about what to buy procomp i think still do a lifetime warranty

Scott110

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 06:13:28 PM »
To be honest guys the britpart yins aint that bad  and im talking aboot the gaz yins not the elastomer nonscense as they freeze up in cold weather busting the seals that way. The chap landyman110 works on an estate and has done for the entire period he has had em them fitted being used as a true workhorse. Carting shooters aboot, toeing big loads of wood and whatever else he gets up to on the estate  and its all offroad were he goes. He half killed his landy befor giving it a good going over and the shocks were fine and they still look good no real rust at all. I got em for that exact reason.
Not saying britpart are good half their stuff is shockingly bad. Luck of the draw really.
1988 Defender 110 300tdi. Bit of an animal.
1998 Defender 90 300tdi. The new pup.

jmccall85

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 07:14:42 PM »
thanks for all the info guys heard good and bad bout both products above friends got the britparts 2" kit and says he has had no issues some more research a think

thanks  jamie

Tommy B

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 08:08:20 PM »

Hi Jamie,  Fitted Pro-Comp 2" lift dampers to a rrc I had.  Within a year, one had broken.  However, they replaced it foc, although it may have been my fault for fitting the rubber bushes the wrong way round!!

Anyway, 2" lift plus biger wheels made the rrc look a whole lot better imo.

Cheers,
Never Apologise - Never Explain                     (Sorry, I should say I read that in a book somewhere!!)

python

• its not a landrover if it doesn't leak oil.
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 11:39:33 AM »
I bought the 2" lift kit from mm4x4. Never had any problems with it. Was yellow springs and procomp shocks. Handled well on road and was really good off. 
my name, JON
disco 200 tdi,
disco 300 tdi
110 v8
3 x freelanders td4
1965 series 2a 109 crewcab.
series 3 on galvy chassis
disco 200 tdi,
disco 3.9 v8 lpg
disco 3,9. no lpg????

amature radio callsign MM6MIS

110landyman

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 04:17:26 PM »
To be honest guys the britpart yins aint that bad  and im talking aboot the gaz yins not the elastomer nonscense as they freeze up in cold weather busting the seals that way. The chap landyman110 works on an estate and has done for the entire period he has had em them fitted being used as a true workhorse. Carting shooters aboot, toeing big loads of wood and whatever else he gets up to on the estate  and its all offroad were he goes. He half killed his landy befor giving it a good going over and the shocks were fine and they still look good no real rust at all. I got em for that exact reason.
Not saying britpart are good half their stuff is shockingly bad. Luck of the draw really.

aye that will be me then..yup as scott said ive had them fitted for years must be about3-4 years now , and thats 3-4 years hard work all day 7 days a week, i cant fault them , even the polybushes that came with them are still good, it was the britpart heavy duty lift kit i got due to towing alot of big and heavy trailers and a landy full of beaters and dogs (some fat buggerin dogs anaw ha) , id defo buy them again for that landy or any future builds

paul