Royal Mail in Fife

· 14 · 3025

Sandy

Royal Mail in Fife
« on: January 12, 2011, 08:46:07 AM »
Does anyone know what has happened to Royal Mail in Fife? I sent a Newsletter to a contributor in Australia and it arrived there before Geoff Greenwood's in Dunfermline! Something far wrong somewhere.

Sandy.

python

• its not a landrover if it doesn't leak oil.
Re: Royal Mail in Fife
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 08:51:29 AM »
I know my part of Dundee is having major problems with the mail. Something to do with a new system they have introduced. I'm still waiting on eBay items fro
 before Xmas.
my name, JON
disco 200 tdi,
disco 300 tdi
110 v8
3 x freelanders td4
1965 series 2a 109 crewcab.
series 3 on galvy chassis
disco 200 tdi,
disco 3.9 v8 lpg
disco 3,9. no lpg????

amature radio callsign MM6MIS

geoffg

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 09:36:38 AM »
We bought some stuff from Bid TV over the past month or so, and everything has been delivered within 4 or 5 days by courier. The only items I am still waiting for are small items sent by post!! So the post office blaming the weather is a load of tosh.
Two years ago we had a regular postman who arrived at the same time every day and didn't mind knocking the door to deliver larger parcels. Now, we're lucky to have post at all.
Someone in Fife's management should be sacked.
Geoff  >:(

Alan A

• Name: Alan Agnew
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 10:31:31 AM »
I don't hold out much hope for you seeing the new 2011 SLROC Calander soon then Geoff.  It was posted on the 29th of December in Paisley and still hasn't made it the 5 miles from there to Barrhead!

Alan

piper5

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 05:32:15 PM »
the royal mail in dunfermline have a huge backlog stored in a warehouse in dunfermline it will take weeks to arrive , i go in to the sorting office everyday for spares for work we had a delivery yesterday dated 9th dec

Truckster

• Really must fit A/T's..........
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 07:36:41 PM »
Im not in Fife anymore, but the post in general seems to be naff-i posted a card a week before Christmas to a pal in a village 10 miles away...he got it on Monday 10th Jan ::)
Wouldve been quicker delivering it myself...even in the Goddess!!!!! :o

By the way i havent got a 2011 SLROC calander yet either. Maybe you should send my 2012 one now....might be here on time!! ::) ::)
Mel ( & canine navigators )
109 Station Wagon-'The Goddess'- Sick Chassis...gutted!!
109 Station Wagon-'Firefly'-in need of tlc!!!
109 Ex-mil Rolling Chassis
Mk5 Blue Oval ( Goddess in training!!)

stage recovery

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 09:59:08 PM »
Not a warehouse in Dunfermline,the old Motorola factory at the pyramids at Bathgate,a HUGE backlog still to be delivered is the cause of all the delays. How do I know? for my sins I work for Royal Mail in Fife,Lothians,Tayside,Perthshire and beyond !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coolcamper55

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 10:00:46 PM »
Im not in Fife anymore, but the post in general seems to be naff-i posted a card a week before Christmas to a pal in a village 10 miles away...he got it on Monday 10th Jan ::)

By the way i havent got a 2011 SLROC calander yet either. Maybe you should send my 2012 one now....might be here on time!! ::) ::)
thats cos there is no door with a letter box on it at your new abode ;) ;)

Sandy

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 09:57:27 AM »
I wrote to the Organ Grinder a few days ago. Perhaps, if a few more of us tell him what's happening, Fife will be reconnected with the rest of the country. Sandy.

Edward Davey MP
Department for Business Innovation & Skills
1 Victoria Street
London
SW1H 0ET

8th January 2011

Dear Minister,

I write to you in your capacity as Minster with responsibility for Royal Mail which, in Fife at least, is in a Royal Mess.

Letters sent by 1st Class Mail from Glasgow to Dunfermline are currently taking three weeks to be delivered, with some items vanishing altogether from mortal view.

I am aware that we have had Christmas and New Year - they often come along about now - and that there has been a dusting of snow, but never have we had such a shambles of a service. If you are still minded to sell Royal Mess perhaps it should be packaged with a Government Health Warning.

Something has gone seriously wrong in Fife. I look forward to your reply.

Yours sincerely,

Sandy Young.

jay2578

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 02:38:38 PM »
I recieved a letter today dated the 29th of december,it was sent from forfar and i`m 5 miles away in glamis!!!

coolcamper55

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 05:07:25 PM »
I hope you emailed that, the post / royal mail delivery is terrible ;) ;)

Truckster

• Really must fit A/T's..........
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 08:33:49 PM »

thats cos there is no door with a letter box on it at your new abode ;) ;)

Will be soon Mr Coolcamper!! ;D
Mel ( & canine navigators )
109 Station Wagon-'The Goddess'- Sick Chassis...gutted!!
109 Station Wagon-'Firefly'-in need of tlc!!!
109 Ex-mil Rolling Chassis
Mk5 Blue Oval ( Goddess in training!!)

jay2578

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2011, 11:22:33 AM »
I hope you emailed that, the post / royal mail delivery is terrible ;) ;)

I sent them a letter!  ;D ;D

piper5

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2011, 05:48:01 PM »
got 2 letters from edinburgh today delivered in fife one has taken 9 days and the other has taken 13 days both were first class i also am waiting on a parcel from tranent sent next day recorded , now waited six days for it and the tracking says "we have your item"