Newbie saying hello.

· 7 · 2000

Clanforbes

• She's a good runner
Newbie saying hello.
« on: December 24, 2010, 05:43:09 PM »
Hi every one.

Another newbie just joined.  I discovered we have a Scottish forum for LR owners yesterday and have joined up.  Oh and I'm fae near Perth.

I'm a wee fat bald chauffeur for famous film stars who have only a short time left to live.  I work mostly nights as I ferry my passengers about as required.  I work horrible hours, but I enjoy my job and the pay aint too bad.

I have a 2001 Defender 110 TD5 which I bought off Ebay.  It came with a few problems which took me about 4 months to finally solve, mostly with the help from another forum I had been using before I found this one.  Basically, it boiled down to some crap blocking the filters in my in-tank fuel pump, but it took me ages of trying other things before I got to it.  When she was starting she was running like a train but if she'd been left ticking-over for anything more than 10 minutes she would die shortly after, then it wouldn't start for about two days.  This had me convinced I had an intermittent electrical fault which is why it took me so long to get to the fuel side of things.

Many years ago, I had an old ex-army 110 (2? litre petrol) and I loved her muchly, but couldn't afford to keep her.  So I'm chuffed to bits now that I can afford this one.  I bought her mostly for getting my wee boat up and down rocky beaches and for somewhere to sleep on longer fishing trips.  As yet I've not done any proper off-road stuff, but my daughter is giving me a day on a localish off-road site near Glenfarg.

Anyway, that's me.

Nice to be part of the forum.

Ron.

P.S. Oh and I should have mentioned. I occasionally get asked about the film stars - have you seen the film Chicken Run?

Yes, I'm a chicken lorry driver.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 05:02:23 PM by Clanforbes »

brido

Re: Newbie saying hello.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 06:54:11 PM »
hi there welcome to the forum brido
Brian Taylor M168 OMS

freelandy1

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 07:08:06 PM »
welcome to the nut house
James
TD4 freelander 1
working on a 90

python

• its not a landrover if it doesn't leak oil.
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 07:40:01 PM »
Hello and welcome mate. You'll enjoy it here.
my name, JON
disco 200 tdi,
disco 300 tdi
110 v8
3 x freelanders td4
1965 series 2a 109 crewcab.
series 3 on galvy chassis
disco 200 tdi,
disco 3.9 v8 lpg
disco 3,9. no lpg????

amature radio callsign MM6MIS

sthrifty

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 02:41:31 AM »
Hi and welcome to the forum and club,now if you need some club stickers for your landy or a nice club shirt etc am your man.

Regards John
1995 300 tdi csw 110
series 3 109 2.25p
ex mil 1986 90 s/t 2.5na
88on galv chassis needs rebuild and more
Disco m reg 2l mpi
[/

Kerzo

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2010, 06:55:18 PM »
Welcome and now it's time to get your wheels dirty come along to one of the events they are on the web site see you there. ;D ;D

Clanforbes

• She's a good runner
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 05:04:01 PM »
welcome to the nut house

Yep, I should fit in quite well I reckon.

Thanks for all the warm weelcomes guys & gals