Help! I'm in London and there's NO SNOW (you muppets....)

· 3 · 1489

Mikey

Help! I'm in London and there's NO SNOW (you muppets....)
« on: December 23, 2010, 01:28:40 AM »
Hi Folks,

Well here I am, working down in London for a few weeks. I wish I'd been at home to help with the requests for assistance from the Meals on Wheels etc. in Tayside (I'm up for it when I'm back Jay!)

Instead I'm down here where you'd think armageddon had arrived and stopped our planet functioning because of a bit of the white stuff. We've had people not doing a full shift at work as the trains back to the suburbs or Brighton might stop running in few hours. . . .

The Scottish weather isn't even mentioned on the news here any more, mainly, I guess, because most of you back home are getting on with it and not constantly moaning about it! One of the staff asked another today if he'd got in alright, what with the snow! Thers isn't any left today, it's all gone!

And, my colleague bought three drinks at the bar (of the theatre i'm at), the bill - ?16!

I'd like to come home now, to a place where people say 'thank you' if you hold the door open....

Hope you're all very well up there.

Cheers,

Mikey (currently in a 1 bed flat in Islington for the super-cheap rent, of.... ?450 A WEEK!)
Mikey.
1985 110 CSW, 300Tdi fitted.
1993 Classic LSE, V8 LPG.

Corbie

Re: Help! I'm in London and there's NO SNOW (you muppets....)
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 05:57:25 AM »
Mikey you have my sympathy!
Up here though everything has come to a standstill. We've had no post since last Wednesday, another few inches of snow last night on top of the last lot frozen solid, no sign of any snow ploughs (and hasn't been since last year- the local farmer has been clearing the road occasionally).
Would love to help folks out with the landy, but offers not taken up so far.
Paul

2005 Defender 90 TD5 SW XS (mine)
2003 Nissan Terrano II 3.0TD SVE (mine)
2003 Defender 90 TD5 Hard-top (work)
2007 Defender 110 TD5 Double-cab pickup (work)

jay2578

Re: Help! I'm in London and there's NO SNOW (you muppets....)
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 10:23:01 AM »
Hi Mikey, Its always a national disaster once london gets it, here we`re just plodding on, our max temp here on the farm yesterday was a balmy -7 at around 11am, dropping to -11 by 3pm then -17 by 11pm, good to have you aboard when you return. Will pm you.
Cheers mate,
Jay