parking fine in bathgate

· 21 · 6540

jay2578

Re: parking fine in bathgate
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2010, 08:16:30 PM »
Latin? This gets better and better ;D

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2010, 08:24:02 PM »
My last missive to the council re a taxi related penalty remains unanswered (it was in latin)

I got a fine for parking a 110 SW in a Coach space on Johnston Terrace in Edinburgh a few years ago. After a few rounds of argument they accepted that A. none of their "car" spaces were large enough for a 110 SW and B. at 11 seats it was by their own definitions a "Minibus" and therefore quite entitled to use a Coach space. Smug Grin !
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

Sandy

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2010, 12:37:23 AM »
As I understand it there are no costs awarded in the Small Claims Court - John will keep us right here - so, even if you lose, you may not be any worse off.

Fight this nonsense all the way - if big companies want to regulate their parking space they should have staff on the ground looking after it. Otherwise it's just another money making scam to fleece the motorist.

Sandy.

NIJ

• Name: Nigel Kelly
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2010, 03:23:32 PM »
There's lots of stuff about such charges in the Telegraph Motoring's Honest John section on Saturdays.
Generally says either don't pay, or send say a ?10 cheque in fair and final settlement.
Varying charge for "late" payment could be extortion - report to police.

see e.g.  http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=85380

I object strongly to DVLA divulging one's details so readily.

Surely also the driver rather than the car owner is the relevant party.
Nigel

Radarears

• photo bucket
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2010, 03:57:37 PM »
In have experience of parking eye and the only recourse you have here is if the signs were not clearly displayed in the car park. They do work on number plate recognition and unless you either registered with the reception, hotel etc, then you will be fined.
I was not let off despite writing and sending proof of the poor signage and taking legal advice.

I know it is wiser after the event but I now double check that I have understood the parking regulations if it is not council run etc.       
Discovery td5 "Monte"

And the registered keeper of a Range Rover 4.0 se

101splat

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2010, 05:26:58 PM »
well thanks for all replys guys am going to hold firm and if they send any more letters i will comfirm i am the owner of the landrover but will not disclose who was driving at the time it of the aledged offence deny everything till proven guilty eg photos of me parking it there its not the money its just the big brother thing i have problum with eg dvla giving out my info to anyone who pays a fee to them i dident think they could do that i understand police/council but not private companys who are trying to scare u into paying them without a fight   thanks again for advice dave
1965 reliant regal
1976 v8 101 radio body
2002 volvo v70 d5