parking fine in bathgate

· 21 · 6543

101splat

parking fine in bathgate
« on: December 20, 2010, 04:54:14 PM »
 :'( was in bathgate last sunday and parked in argos car park for just over 3 hours and ave been sent a parking charge notice ?80 reduced to ?50 if pay right away or  if i appeal it gos up to ?110 ive googled this company and theres loads on net about them dick turpin springs to mind,  >:( parkingeye
car park management has anyone had this prob ! it seams dvla gives out ur info for ?2.50 to these people wich i think is wrong dvla about to get email about this too   dave
1965 reliant regal
1976 v8 101 radio body
2002 volvo v70 d5

jay2578

Re: parking fine in bathgate
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 04:58:56 PM »
Tell `em to shove it mate! If they ain`t council they ain`t jack! Thats what I`d do anyways, but I`m like that ;D

101splat

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 05:14:25 PM »
yeh thats what i thought uck them they aint getting a penny fa me ill see them in court first
1965 reliant regal
1976 v8 101 radio body
2002 volvo v70 d5

StewartSkene

• Name: Stewart Skene
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 05:18:48 PM »
They probably have ANPR cameras. They log your vrm on entry and exit. If you have overstayed the time set which legally must be visible and displayed within the car park, they automatically send out a PCN. They also don't have to give a discounted amount however most companies and local authorities do as an incentive to pay it. If to don't pay they will send letters before passing your details to a debt collection agency. Local authority parking services are usually ok to deal with however most private firms have targets, incentives etc for their staff to get bookings.
Depending on the condition of the car park there maybe good grounds for an appeal. Ie if the signs and lines were not visible or obscured by snow etc technically they cannot book as they would be breaking the rules.
1979 Ex Army Airportable Lightweight
1986 Ex Army 90
2002 Disco 2 Td5 ES
2007 Disco 3 Tdv6 HSE

coolcamper55

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 05:27:07 PM »
I got a letter from some outfit based in Perth, fine ?60 or if I paid up without challenging it was reduced to ?30. I complained to the Police as the allowed time changed if there was a football match on it went from as long as you like to 1.5 Hours.

The fact it took 30 minutes to get out of the park because there was a match on did not help.

I googled the lot from Perth and they do not enter into discussion on the phone only deal by letter and if the letter takes two weeks to sort you lose the chance of getting the reduced charge.

Anyway the Police went in with my ticket to the shop concerned and it vanished. Apparently there is a regular stream of police complaints, mine was just one of many.
My advise is to speak to the shop, not the customer service but the Security Manager and tell them you are not too chuffed having spent a considerable amount of money in their shop.

It worked for me.

Tommy

georgew

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 05:44:16 PM »
I have the fines here for a car i own parked in TK Max in Ayr.
I had to use Google Earth to find where the ticket was for,
they just sent a Post Code.

Parked 5 hours by my G/F.
Only 4 hours free parking allowed.
I have been on the top floor parking place & photographed the signs.
She just read the 'Free Parking',
 never noticed the small print '4 hours'

She hasnt been buying a ?1 ticket in Matalan either.
(you get the ?1 back, taken off your bill, not cash money tho if you pay by card)

Civil Enforcement,
Liverpool
Same people that do Micky D's for over 1 1/2 hours when actually still inside eating possibly etc.

fine was ?150 reduced to ?75 if paid in 2 weeks, sent out 4 weeks after the supposed offence.

Now i have the Debt collection letters from their Solicitors, & the Debt Collection service,
which is them selfs.
Now ?238.13

She then told me she has been there 3 more times for over 4 hours.
Funnily they must think 4 fines might not get paid, so they are only after the one offence.

I am waiting for them to raise the action.
Get a Court Officer to serve the papers for my Local District Court.

I will appear myself, show the Sherriff in the 'Means court' my G/F's reciepts for 5 hours worth of TK Max shopping & ask where fair play & extrortion meet.

So Scottish law, i am the car owner/registered keeper,
 like a Speeding ticket it really the offender they need to persue.

Obviously i should get the driver to pay me the fine, type thing.

We will see what the sherriff says,
looking forward to it.
Then the press & internet coverage i get them.
Lots of forum coverage & lots of people paying up,
 many other ignoring them.
I will refuse to pay, ignore a court award to them & will take some jail time just because i am fed up of thiefs & fagabonds.
Probably those iside will be more honourable.
Plus i am spending a fortune on heating just now,
& i dont have Sky, a cell will be comfier than my house.

george

Ps soap on a rope for my xmas please.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 06:43:46 PM by georgew »
No need to be stuck for long.
www.recce-gear.co.uk

piper5

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 06:25:20 PM »
my parents were caught with this in asda car park, you don't have a leg to stand on, they got lawyers involved,
if however you did purchase something in that shop on the day, produce the receipt and they will drop it

georgew

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 06:40:30 PM »
 ;D
Actually you are right, well half right,
 i only have one leg to stand on.
(if i wear my clear perspex leg, & stand on it,
i will have 'no visable means of support')

I await them getting a Scottish Solicitor to prepare the papers tho,
Their English law firm doesnt actually have the ability to do that.

Then the Scottish solicitor will need to get a Baliff/sherriffs officer to serve me with the papers to appear in a small claims court local to me. (civil matter)
'They' will require there representation in court, which will be a Scottish solicitor.

If Court costs & 'their' costs are awarded against me,
 it will be expensive right enough.

They need to get their grasp of the Scottish laws together tho,
i will be their test case i expect.

george

PS soap on a rope for my Xmas please.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 06:45:42 PM by georgew »
No need to be stuck for long.
www.recce-gear.co.uk

jay2578

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2010, 06:42:03 PM »
 :D ;D :D ;D Good one George! LMAO

python

• its not a landrover if it doesn't leak oil.
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2010, 06:44:22 PM »
i agree mate, good on you.
my name, JON
disco 200 tdi,
disco 300 tdi
110 v8
3 x freelanders td4
1965 series 2a 109 crewcab.
series 3 on galvy chassis
disco 200 tdi,
disco 3.9 v8 lpg
disco 3,9. no lpg????

amature radio callsign MM6MIS

StewartSkene

• Name: Stewart Skene
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2010, 06:49:35 PM »
If it's a private company or local authority it comes under the de criminalised parking legislation. From that de criminalised parking enforcement (DPE) they won't normally take you to court as it costs too much money. If it's a local authority and you keep getting tickets and not paying for them, they will end up uplifting the motor if it gets booked again. Private firms will get debt collectors pestering you etc. Usually they will only try to go for a county court judgement if the evader has a serious amount of un paid pcn's. The only other time anybody will go to court is if you have been booked by a police traffic warden or a policeman.
1979 Ex Army Airportable Lightweight
1986 Ex Army 90
2002 Disco 2 Td5 ES
2007 Disco 3 Tdv6 HSE

sthrifty

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2010, 06:57:14 PM »
Civil enforcement is the only way theses pirates can try to enforce these penalties.

To my knowledge not one case has been taken to the small claims court in Scotland.

Reason varied,in my mind they have to prove that there contract with land owner ie supermarket or shopping centre,who very rarely own the land entitles them to act on there behalf in in pursuance of a civil claim,they then have to prove that a contract has been established with the "offender".

I have had a few of these I write and request they provide me with evidence that they have a legal right to act on behalf of the landowner or a devolved right to a tennent,there then is the question of how evidence of the parking breach has been established(if photography has been used as evidence without your prior consent ,thats a breach of your human rights)

Then would if none of the foregoing help invite them to prove that there signs and notices are sufficient to establish a contract with you.

Finnish your missive inviting there "writ" and advising you will be counterclaiming for reading this and any anxiety problems

Dont pay

WITHOUT PREJUDICE
1995 300 tdi csw 110
series 3 109 2.25p
ex mil 1986 90 s/t 2.5na
88on galv chassis needs rebuild and more
Disco m reg 2l mpi
[/

jay2578

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2010, 07:03:51 PM »
Excellent.... I`m writing all that down!

coolcamper55

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2010, 07:10:13 PM »
Glad to see that all that legal education is being put to good use Mr McEwan ;) ;)

sthrifty

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2010, 07:17:19 PM »
My last missive to the council re a taxi related penalty remains unanswered (it was in latin)

Need to catch up with you soon
1995 300 tdi csw 110
series 3 109 2.25p
ex mil 1986 90 s/t 2.5na
88on galv chassis needs rebuild and more
Disco m reg 2l mpi
[/