Price for fitting poly bushes

· 6 · 2102

brido

Price for fitting poly bushes
« on: November 26, 2010, 03:32:16 PM »
Hi all just wondered If any knows what sort of price it would be to get old bushes removed and new poly bushes pressed in if I removed parts off land rover and took to some one thank you brido

Brian Taylor M168 OMS

coolcamper55

Re: Price for fitting poly bushes
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 04:25:21 PM »
Brian,

Why not do it yourself, I did mine on my 90, the biggest job is getting the old ones out but there is a way with a hacksaw, cold chisel and a wood chisel. Oh and the standard LR tool a hammer.

Put the hacksaw blade thro the bush, cut the steel liner taking care not to cut the actual rod, then use the cold chisel to collapse the metal sleeve in on itself, the wood chisel is the easiest way of cutting thro the old rubber.

Takes about 30 minutes per bush.

Putting in the new poly bushes is literally one minute per bush and its done by hand with a wee sprinkle of soap (fairy liquid) to help it slide in.

I did the complete front in a day, that was all the bushes on the radius arms, the panhard rod etc. The hard job is getting the bits off.

Tommy

brido

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 05:28:12 PM »
hi tommy i will give it a go the kit should be getting here on tues so hopefully i will be able to get them done myself thanks brian
Brian Taylor M168 OMS

Scott110

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 10:56:44 PM »
Emm dont know if im allowed to say this but their  a good bunch o guys.
If yer near edinburgh and can get to dalkeith area  there is a garage called 3d they got a few bushes out for me latly that saved me a lot of hassle for a very resonable price. Was a full pollybush kit i done easyily done yourself main probs seized bolts removing old bushings.
1988 Defender 110 300tdi. Bit of an animal.
1998 Defender 90 300tdi. The new pup.

cfordengservices

• If it ain't broke Don't weld it !
  • Name: Callum Ford
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2010, 05:38:51 PM »
Hi there if you are struggling to get the bushes out and are anywhere ne'er linlithgow if U want to pop by I'd be happy to change them for you not to bad a job to do your self if u haven't got a big press or the pullers heat the life out of the
 and drift them out with a big socket  let's us no how u get on
1986 110 200tdi
1988 110 200tdi
1996 disco 300 tdi
90" 3.9 atuo mid engined toy !!

brido

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 07:35:31 AM »
i am still waiting on the bushes coming i ve phoned a couple of times and been told they are stuck in cumbernauld i did nt think the snow was that bad out there thanks alot for the offer brido
Brian Taylor M168 OMS