Best Ebay "Line"

· 9 · 1988

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
Best Ebay "Line"
« on: October 23, 2010, 11:36:36 PM »
Some cracking attempts on Ebay. Until tonight I'd not realised that a set of Wolf wheels were worth ?400.

but my all-time favourite is "Selling on behalf of a friend", usually accompanied by "Cash on Collection".

Yours ?
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

jumbo

• drive through car wash landrover style
    • photo bucket
Re: Best Ebay "Line"
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 11:59:25 PM »
lol had a few chancers on ebay myself. always better using paypal. got money back when a mate bought a set of 'unworn football boots, unwanted gift never been worn' when they arrived they certainly didnt have the fresh smell of new boots :-\ a few emails to the seller later, just let him dig a deeper and deeper hole till eventualy he couldnt climb back out again. he had 'tried them in the back garden' the studs were worn down, just asked him how big was his garden haha. kept emails and forwarded them to complaints department.....they answered in my favour within about 5 minutes ;D ;D not exactly the hardest jury duty they had to do ;D . seller dropped himself right in the dirty stuff haha
doug
2005 3door freelander td4
1986 90s/w with 200tdi

warning::: any jokes posted by myself come with a health warning!!!!!

piper5

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2010, 08:25:58 AM »
i know someone who bought a winch described as (not like warn etc rated 4 tons payment by cheque only) he duly sent something like 300 quid and was sent a trailer hand winch worth about a tenner,

have a look just now for nimrod someone has listed a nimrod for a laugh bidding is about a million quid

coolcamper55

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2010, 09:04:40 AM »
I have just been thro the mill with Fleabay over the last few days.

Bought a power supply for my radio kit and when it arrived the meter glass was cracked. I emailed the seller etc and eventually he agree that I could have a refund if I posted the item back.

So in essence the postage about ?10 was money lost. It was unecconomic to return when you add up the postage the time etc.

The amazing thing is that the glass was cracked before he shipped it and he admitted that but stated that it could be seen in the picture under magnification.

I unlike Douglas gave up but he got some nice feedback. Its probably a good thing he is in Wales otherwise I may have been tempted to pay him a visit >:( >:(

Black Sheep

• "should have bought a 90"
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2010, 09:19:09 AM »
I too have suffered  from timewasters on ebay. I was selling a car and was pleased to see bids were coming in. About 10 seconds before the auction end the winning bid went in. I then heard nothing from the winner despite chasing him up. I had to get the resolution team involved and at this point I was contacted by the buyer who advised it was not him that had purchased the car but his brother using his i.d. Unfortunatly as soon as he won the auction his brother had a stroke and was now in hospital. Lot of bo**ox but I got my fees refunded but had to readvertise.

coolcamper55

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2010, 05:36:35 PM »
They do say that too much Bottox can lead to a stroke :D :D

Black Sheep

• "should have bought a 90"
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2010, 06:19:09 PM »
They do say that too much Bottox can lead to a stroke :D :D
It was my original Toyota surf. I look back on it and have a vision of the guy bidding, realising he has won it with all the associates problems and falling of his seat clutching his chest going argh  ;D

coolcamper55

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 07:28:31 PM »
Buyer's remorse can be a real killer ;)

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 07:46:10 PM »
Another good one tonight - a "Barn Find", been stored 8 years ....but fitted with rock sliders. Hmmmmm.
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....