Its a bit dead here

· 71 · 14260

Sandy

Re: Its a bit dead here
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 09:55:08 AM »
Jumbo,

That must be in Edinburgh. The transport arrangements there are always well worth a look, especially when viewed from Glasgow! Just watch out for these trams - they're appearing any day now.  ;D ;D ;D

Kind regards,

Sandy.

jumbo

• drive through car wash landrover style
    • photo bucket
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2010, 10:37:34 AM »
trams??? whats a tram???

oh you mean the ornament thats blocking princes street....if they are running by the time i retire i will be surprised lol

anyway im sure this club will be very interested in edinburgh long before then. theres plans to replace the buses with landrovers......if the roads crumble any more the only motors that will be able to drive them will be offroaders
doug
2005 3door freelander td4
1986 90s/w with 200tdi

warning::: any jokes posted by myself come with a health warning!!!!!

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2010, 11:02:49 AM »
I once got a ticket in Edinburgh for parking in a Coach slot on Johnston Terrace. Argued the point that a 110 SW did not fit the spaces provided for cars...and as an 11 seater it was a "Minibus" under their own definitions anyway. Won the argument and the fine was dropped. ....but Edinburgh remains a nightmare for motorists.
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

jumbo

• drive through car wash landrover style
    • photo bucket
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2010, 02:38:34 PM »
haha nice one
its not so friendly to locals either.....we had a bus broken down, fitter was there with van trying to fix it. usual practice van sits behind bus with beacons flashing, fitter was at the back of bus. walks to the front and theres a parking ticket been put on the windscreen.......

mind you i been ticketed while sitting in the car, dropping off a driving school pupil. pulled into a space where they built the pavement out either end of the space so its obstructing nobody. 'parking enforcer' stood out of site, made out the ticket then walked up ticket already printed, stuck it to window and walked away saying nothing. he was lucky im a calm guy, i did not react but did file a colmplaint and an appeal. rejected of course. but guess he was lucky he didnt pick the wrong person or could have been a bit of a fright for the warden.....

oh its such a lovely wee town :D
doug
2005 3door freelander td4
1986 90s/w with 200tdi

warning::: any jokes posted by myself come with a health warning!!!!!

Truckster

• Really must fit A/T's..........
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2010, 03:23:55 PM »
Well folks, thats my world packed into boxes for the move to Galloway. Goddess packed up ready for her trip on Saturday morning. Amazing what can be fitted into the back of a caged out 109!! :o  I promised her id stop dancing on the roof, but had to do it one more time, to tie her new 'B' posts on the roofrack. :o

Will be offline for a few days,until i get the laptop sorted out, as off today ( desktop going into a box!!), so everyone behave themselves!!!!! ;D ;D
Mel ( & canine navigators )
109 Station Wagon-'The Goddess'- Sick Chassis...gutted!!
109 Station Wagon-'Firefly'-in need of tlc!!!
109 Ex-mil Rolling Chassis
Mk5 Blue Oval ( Goddess in training!!)

ruaritreble

• ruariboy
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2010, 03:32:56 PM »
Talking o parking tickets I got 2 whilst in France. Parked amongst the other cars outside hotel. Stayed at this hottel a number of times and always parked in  the same area. Anyway come the morning I'm the only car there and now have 2 tickets upon the window. 2 in the morning and other at 4ish.  Who the heck does tickets at that time. Turns out it was emergency an entrance. Managed with pigeon  french to pay one fine & got a police officer to write a letter to contest the 2nd as obviously I  was sleeping! >:(

Goodluck to Truckster, hope yopu know where the kettle is :)
Karis 110 - The perfect way to get a MTB to the top of the hill.
Power to the pedal!

Myrtle Air Portable - V8
------------------------
MM6IIO
------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/ruariboy

http://s826.photobucket.com/home/ruariboy

Black Sheep

• "should have bought a 90"
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2010, 05:23:57 PM »
When I was in Faro in Portugal years ago with my wife I was driving around trying to find somewhere to park. Spotted a car par and drove in and parked. Up comes a scruffy local in a high viz and tells me it's so many euro's for max 3 hours. I coughs up the money and we headed off into town. Imagine my surprise when we came back later to same gent being chased out of the car park by the police. Turns out it was free parking and he was fleecing tourists such as myself for money lol
My wife has never let me forget it and my face was apparantly a picture when I realised it was free parking :o

coolcamper55

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2010, 06:14:37 PM »
I worked in Riyadh in Saudi Arabia for a while and one day I watched as the traffic police clamped a local Police "Panda car" for parking in a hospital zone.  After they slapped the clamp on the Traffic guys shot off, and the look on the face of the local plod was unforgettable.
Some form of fairness prevailed perhaps ;D ;D

sthrifty

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2010, 06:57:59 PM »
A at least we all woke up.

Good Luck with the big move Mel,hope the house build goes well.

You to Gene with the MOT.

Finished early today with intention of fitting new head lamps to 90,time I had me coffee it was pi**in down,best laid plans,there is always Sunday
1995 300 tdi csw 110
series 3 109 2.25p
ex mil 1986 90 s/t 2.5na
88on galv chassis needs rebuild and more
Disco m reg 2l mpi
[/

Buffalo Bill

• Name: Bill Conner
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2010, 07:36:49 PM »
me new 110 passed mot woop woop 1 year to fix ;D

now i have to clean the drive  ??? any sugestions how to get oil off monoblock??

Cheers Bill
1989 110
1990 90
1988 90
1972 V8 WOOP WOOP

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2010, 07:59:59 PM »

now i have to clean the drive  ??? any sugestions how to get oil off monoblock??

Cheers Bill

Thats really great news, well done. Looking forward to seeing the old girl on the road again !
How big is the slick ? A few patches or the whole Exxon Valdez thing ?
Brillo do a degreaser and cleaner in 5Lt bottles. Its pretty good, slosh on and scrub about a bit then power-wash off.   
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

coolcamper55

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2010, 08:51:43 PM »

Cheers Bill
Relay the monobloc ;D ;D

Black Sheep

• "should have bought a 90"
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2010, 09:06:37 PM »

Cheers Bill
Congratulations!  :)

DRH

« Reply #28 on: October 20, 2010, 10:39:48 PM »
Bill

Neat TFR does the trick - see me tomorrow and I'll sort you out

Duncan

Buffalo Bill

• Name: Bill Conner
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2010, 12:37:24 AM »
Must admit there is a sense of achievment saved another landie from the crusher  ;D

Duncan i will pop over in the afternoon is it the new or old premises?

Thanks Bill
1989 110
1990 90
1988 90
1972 V8 WOOP WOOP