Shell Fuel Save

· 19 · 4941

badger12

Re: Shell Fuel Save
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2010, 12:44:54 PM »
You ain't wong! I heard it on friday nig when the guys dropped by on the way home. Fery nice car I have to say!

Thanks.

You should have heard it on Friday morning!!!!! (while still trying to run on Shell!!!!)

best part was I got it for ?500 a year ago!

Waiting on TS getting in touch re testing the fuel.....

Tim

• Carbon has a footprint but it has no feet.........
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 08:58:25 PM »
For the first year I owned it I ran my TDV8 Sport on Supermarket fuel, after an incident with contaminated fuel I started to fill up with Shell or BP. Twice I paid the extra for the premium/ extra/V-Power brand of those majors when I was running down to Southampton and back - I could get about 5-6mpg better on those trips than compared to running on supermarket fuel. When Shell started sell the new formula I switched to that all the time and got 3-4mpg consistently. K am now running a 2010 TDv8 L322 Range Rover, which admittedly has a higher 6th gear than the Sport had but it also doesn't like to go into sixth below 56mph whereas the RRS was happy to shift up at 50mph, since taking deliverey I have only ever put Shell ordinary diesel from one of the 2 Shell garages in Stirling and I have to be trying very hard to get the trip average mph below 30mpg on runs from home into Stirling and back (16 miles each way) - maybe its the fuel, maybe it's the slightly different engine mapping but in the Sport on the same run I had to be trying very hard to better 28mpg
On my drive now - Zanzibar Bronze Evoque 5 door Dynamic Lux Plus with Intelligence & Black Packs with Tan interior
Gone - Fuji White RR Evoque Coupe Dynamic Lux Plus
Staying - 1996 Epsom Green TDi 300 CHT that is now a CSW

badger12

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 08:46:08 PM »
TS came and got fuel samples last Monday - will know results in a week or so....

They admitted it smelt funny and was a strange colour (not being a petrol connesseiur  (SP?) I wouldnt know but the chap said he'd put shell diesel in his car and its engine management light had come on and it wouldnt go faster than 20 mph! It did eventually clear but he thought he was going to get stranded...

...watch this space!

rangerovering

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2010, 11:03:50 PM »
Funny I put some unleaded in mine just to have something in the petrol tank (runs on LPG). Filled up at a Somerfield garage (was the nearest!) and I have to say the fuel smells funny, seems oily to the touch and just generally isn't like normal petrol! That said the car runs absoloutely A OK so not sure what that is about? ???
Steve