Rear(?)Dog Guard

· 5 · 1501

Rurielad

Rear(?)Dog Guard
« on: August 12, 2010, 10:59:33 AM »
Hi All

Have been lurking here for a while and am now proud owner of a SWB diesel series3 so have decided to break cover..

Quick query for anybody that has dogs. I am trying to fix up a guard for the rear drop tailgate to cover the top half when the window is open. Been looking at various 'cargo nets', mesh netting etc. Anybody got any other ideas and just as important how can it be fixed that will allow easy put up/down. Hope this makes sense.

Cheers and well done on a great site.

Navigator

• Discovery 4 Causeway
  • Name: Stuart Clink
Re: Rear(?)Dog Guard
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 02:08:33 PM »
I made up a guard like this out of electrical conduit, with two flanges that fitted on underneath the pigtails for the support chains. Kept kids in a soft-top and thieving bar-stewards out.  If you want a photo I can go and take one for you.
Navigator          GM1VBE

Truckster

• Really must fit A/T's..........
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 07:09:26 PM »
Welcome to the teeth rattling world of series motoring!! ;D ;D

My diesel 109 is kitted out for my dogs. I sectioned the back off with a guard made from the child fire guards ( the huge ones!!- i also used some of this to fit round the corners at the back, so nibbling teeth couldnt eat any wiring!!!!), but at the back door ive got a secondary door from 'Barjo', which enables me to leave the back door open on hot days. The door is from a puppy pen, and it fits nicely with 4 bolts, but i leave it in all the time.

If you want a photo, pm me your email address-im not techno minded to upload on here!!

Mel.
Mel ( & canine navigators )
109 Station Wagon-'The Goddess'- Sick Chassis...gutted!!
109 Station Wagon-'Firefly'-in need of tlc!!!
109 Ex-mil Rolling Chassis
Mk5 Blue Oval ( Goddess in training!!)

jumbo

• drive through car wash landrover style
    • photo bucket
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 10:01:01 PM »
seen a few soft tops with wire mesh, nothing fancy just rabbit hutch type wire fitted under the canvas. maybe help slow down thiefs, doubt it would stop them but slower than a knife to the canvas and imediate access.

ps; good choice of motor lol
doug
2005 3door freelander td4
1986 90s/w with 200tdi

warning::: any jokes posted by myself come with a health warning!!!!!

Rurielad

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 08:39:15 AM »
Thanks everybody for replies - given me something to think about.

The guard is definatley just to keep dogs in and not for security to keep thieving fingers out - not that anybody would try and get in with my dogs there!

Series landrover security? ...is that actually possible?  :)