Craddocks

· 9 · 2665

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
Craddocks
« on: August 03, 2010, 12:21:03 AM »
....are starting to annoy me. I'm using them for some of the parts for my 90 rebuild, been a customer for 20 years. 2 out of 3 of my recent orders have not arrived on time, no excuses, no contact.

They are starting to behave like some fleabay merchant, taking your money for parts they do not have in stock - and taking " next day delivery charges" for stuff as well. Stuff I ordered last Weds has still not turned up, despite paying the extra delivery charge. More annoying was the previous order - After waiting a week I rang on the the Thurs and was told that it would be despatched that day.....the packaging shows it was not sent until the next Monday, delivered Weds. Order tracking on their new site is carp as well, all orders go immediately to " completed" as far as I can tell. Anyone else had similar issues before I ring to have another moan ?

G.   
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

sthrifty

Re: Craddocks
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 06:05:15 AM »
sorry Gene I ordered trackrod ends,anti roll bushes and service kit for mpi delivered next day,could it be the courrier hanging on to your stuff untik they get other deliveries in your area.I know this happens in Sutherland
1995 300 tdi csw 110
series 3 109 2.25p
ex mil 1986 90 s/t 2.5na
88on galv chassis needs rebuild and more
Disco m reg 2l mpi
[/

MudBucket

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 03:58:05 PM »
I didnt have any problem with craddocks, but the delivery from parcel force was abysmal.
Had the mother-in-law wait in only for the driver to walk up to her door , then turn around and walk away (he did not even ring the bell), I had to collect at the post office.

you only get next day delivery if they have the stuff in stock, if not you have to wait until the bits arrive there, then it gets sent next day....... this has happened to me once...... a complete pain.

jay2578

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 06:57:12 PM »
Yep, had grief with `em too, wanted a fuel filter for the D2, but i told the guy i wanted one with the wee valve/tap on, he says yes we got one. So i ordered it, it arrives, and its just the filter, no tap..... didnt have time to send it back so fitted it and used a bolt to fill the hole for the tap..... later i checked my bank statement and they`d charged me for delivery twice! I`ll be using someone else in the future!

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 07:33:01 PM »
sorry Gene I ordered trackrod ends,anti roll bushes and service kit for mpi delivered next day,could it be the courrier hanging on to your stuff untik they get other deliveries in your area.I know this happens in Sutherland

Its Parcelforce they use - next day delivery or not - and Callander is less than an hours drive from Edinburgh or Glasgow !

Stuff ordered last thursday morning "NEXT DAY DELIVERY" turned up today. On the other hand stuff I ordered from Strathearn yesterday was in stock by lunchtime today. Not impressed by Craddocks any more. 
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

sthrifty

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 09:22:01 PM »
Just thought I would mention that I have used MXM fourxfour and they are really helpfull checking that I am ordering right part and delivery arrives when they say it will
1995 300 tdi csw 110
series 3 109 2.25p
ex mil 1986 90 s/t 2.5na
88on galv chassis needs rebuild and more
Disco m reg 2l mpi
[/

pepsimax

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 10:32:59 PM »
I agree John, I've also used 4X4 mail order and found them very helpful, efficient and competitively priced,     :)
The only difference between men and boys, is of course the price of their toys !

Truckster

• Really must fit A/T's..........
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 04:53:56 PM »
Yep, ive used M4x4 as well. Ordered a clutch master cylinder just before the christmas hols and it arrived the next working day, and helpfull on the phone as well. :)
Mel ( & canine navigators )
109 Station Wagon-'The Goddess'- Sick Chassis...gutted!!
109 Station Wagon-'Firefly'-in need of tlc!!!
109 Ex-mil Rolling Chassis
Mk5 Blue Oval ( Goddess in training!!)

elegia

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 01:13:29 PM »
MM 4X4 are very helpful. I've not ordered anything online from them but went into their shop when I lived in Worcester for a few bits 'n pieces. They always made sure I was buying the correct components and were happy to discuss problems and solutions. I usually buy online from Paddocks and have been pleased with their service (usually delivered 1-3 days after ordering by FedEx, by their "economy" service).