Engine swap

· 24 · 5600

jumbo

• drive through car wash landrover style
    • photo bucket
Re: Engine swap
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 10:55:23 AM »
hey hey hey
nice one mate. thats with you as a high risk youngster with an engine change? that is ****** good no matter how you look at it. might be giving them a call next renewal time
doug
2005 3door freelander td4
1986 90s/w with 200tdi

warning::: any jokes posted by myself come with a health warning!!!!!

tgreer

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 10:59:28 AM »
hey hey hey
nice one mate. thats with you as a high risk youngster with an engine change? that is ****** good no matter how you look at it. might be giving them a call next renewal time

Yup limited mialage of 4k a year its only third party fire n theft... but tbh it's a series 3 when am I going to need fully comp? :)
1975 Series 3 Land Rover - ex-MOD 109" Hard Top
3.0L V6 Ford Essex

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 12:37:39 AM »
hey hey hey

Yup limited mialage of 4k a year its only third party fire n theft... but tbh it's a series 3 when am I going to need fully comp? :)

Strangely enough the Insurance companies often give fully comp for LESS than 3rd pty F&T.....proabably working on the basis that the only folk who ask for 3rd pty are bound to be young drivers/poor risks. Boring but the best advice is to get a dull motor for the first couple of years....
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

Truckster

• Really must fit A/T's..........
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 09:22:24 AM »
I agree with Gene on that one-Both my van ( which is a ridiculous group 13 :o ) and 109 are fully comp-cheaper than T.P/Tp.F.T.
There are also more advantages to fully comp.....(.like getting a brand new 110 hire when some idiot smacks into the back of your Landrover being one of them.)

Mel ( & canine navigators )
109 Station Wagon-'The Goddess'- Sick Chassis...gutted!!
109 Station Wagon-'Firefly'-in need of tlc!!!
109 Ex-mil Rolling Chassis
Mk5 Blue Oval ( Goddess in training!!)

coolcamper55

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 01:11:09 PM »
If I remember correctly we gave the subject of insurance a fine going over at the weekend.

One other way of getting a discount is to put your wife on the policy, sounds a bit drastic needing to get hitched to save 10% but if the "cap fits........................."

georgew

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 01:55:57 PM »
It seemed such a good quote i would have been grabbing it quickly.
(just make sure you 'declare' everything on the sheet you get
 & a good starting milage that suits the last MOT.)

Usually,
 TPF&T has been more expensive when i have been getting quotes for young family members.
The named driver thing has always been cheaper with an 'experienced' female driver.
(experienced as in over 5 years driving with access to her own vehicle & having a policy in her own name.)
A sister, mother, aunty, granny, 'Friend' etc has always been OK, as long as they have low risk occupations.

glad you got sorted tho.
george
No need to be stuck for long.
www.recce-gear.co.uk

jumbo

• photo bucket
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2010, 03:01:32 PM »

One other way of getting a discount is to put your wife on the policy, sounds a bit drastic needing to get hitched to save 10% but if the "cap fits........................."
sure glad the equal opportunities/sex discrimination is alive and well. hate to think that a MAN with a mere 5 years save driving under his wheels could get a cheaper policy than a WOMAN who has driven 20 safe years based purely on sex and no other reason like skill, experience, qualifications etc
doug
1986 90s/w with 200tdi

georgew

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2010, 03:33:03 PM »
Jumbo, in Sundays Top Gear they spoke about Summer & men drivers.

Sorry,
 sexist i know,
 BUT i must admit it rung true with me,
As much as i tried last week in Edinburgh in Fredrick St & Outside the Balmoral on a fine sunny night,
i couldnt keep my eyes only on the road & only on safe driving.
(i was also looking up to see if you were driving. LOL)

Could this be why premiums are different? Its factored in.
george
No need to be stuck for long.
www.recce-gear.co.uk

jumbo

• photo bucket
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2010, 12:17:36 AM »
oh you were doing a bit offroading in edinburgh? sunday night id of been getting back from our wee trip then lol. just wish the pedestrians paid as much attention to the motors as drivers do to thier skirts  ;) lol
doug
1986 90s/w with 200tdi