Lochgilphead forest drive August 14th & 15th

· 20 · 5854

BASHER

Re: Lochgilphead forest drive August 14th & 15th
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 08:06:33 PM »
Good Man Stuart

You will have a ball I am sure,we will take you on Basher's Group, driving between sections is just fine for the disco and at each section with any possibility of damage we will get you parked up and into a vehicel no problem.If you intend bringing anyone with you again no problem..Youll certainly get a nice Argyll sticker for the Disco ;)

PS If you need any directions to our start just let me know

Ian (BASHER) :D

Tim

• Carbon has a footprint but it has no feet.........
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 01:18:45 PM »
Some photos of the weekend

« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 06:53:57 PM by Tim »
On my drive now - Zanzibar Bronze Evoque 5 door Dynamic Lux Plus with Intelligence & Black Packs with Tan interior
Gone - Fuji White RR Evoque Coupe Dynamic Lux Plus
Staying - 1996 Epsom Green TDi 300 CHT that is now a CSW

Navigator

• Discovery 4 Causeway
  • Name: Stuart Clink
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 06:56:37 PM »
Many thanks to Ian and DC for the info that persuaded me to go along with a D3 despite the warnings of scratches and dents.  It fitted through most of the sections, and on the ones where the trunks of the trees were closer together than 2m, Tim was kind enough to give me a run through in his 90. No scratches, although the soft needles drew fantastic lines in the thick layer of dust.

A fantastic day out with some spectacular views never seen by tourists.  I'll go back! Here is a link to some photos on the D3 forum site (simply as I've not figured out how to include them here yet!)  http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=4285
Navigator          GM1VBE

BASHER

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2010, 01:24:12 PM »
Another excellent weekend,  brilliant tracks superb weather and one of our oldest and longest tracks severely trimmed back from 4 feet width to possibly allow Stobarts wagons through  ;) Saturday was our usual run through about twelve of our favourite trails, the weather being so nice made recoveries very few throughout the day.
Our two tracks on the highest parts of the forest were superb and after our rock hauling on the Friday the worst sections were more easily passed through. Our Sunday run up to the Plateau was up to its usual standards as all vehicles behind us got caught by the boggiest section on the top..Everyone mucked in to help the stuckies and after an hour of recoveries we were all on the move once more..The downhill track was also severely overgrown so  our work party got to work and cleared the worst parts in jig time .. 8) Although Sunday was a supposedly work day we drove 6 routes including our  "JUST BE CAREFULL UP HERE LADS" ridge track which always requires a bit more care and concentration,everyone was superb and no recoveries were needed..So again a brilliant weekend and VMAV had no vehicle breakdowns this time out..We made a donation to the McMillan Cancer Trust and bofabill donated some very nice stickers even tho a slight spelling mistake meant a slight alteration was required to correct the error.Thanks to all who came along and made this another fun and amusing weekend...IAN

Tim

• Carbon has a footprint but it has no feet.........
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2010, 06:55:27 PM »
Photo links in my post are now re-established!
On my drive now - Zanzibar Bronze Evoque 5 door Dynamic Lux Plus with Intelligence & Black Packs with Tan interior
Gone - Fuji White RR Evoque Coupe Dynamic Lux Plus
Staying - 1996 Epsom Green TDi 300 CHT that is now a CSW