HDC bleeping when switched on

· 2 · 1492

Alastair

HDC bleeping when switched on
« on: June 23, 2010, 02:00:09 PM »
The HDC on my (2001/51) Disco 2 TD5 is bleeping every time it is engaged and does not work. :(  The "three amigos" have not appeared and previously I did have an ABS Sensor replaced when that happened.  Anybody help?  Also having problems with the drivers door lock in that it will unlock via the key but not with the remote key.  It will lock however with the remote key.  I don't think the HDC and lock is related as the HDC happened a few months ago.  Help??

MudBucket

Re: HDC bleeping when switched on
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 03:37:00 PM »
HDC does not work in high range (i think) and beeps continuously. go into low and see if it works,
it also does not engage unless you travel over 5kph in low, and you dont touch the brakes (it senses the brakes/clutch (if you have one))

the door locks are motor operated, with one motor for open and one for close inside the lock mechanism. Mine is doing exactly the same thing.

trouble is that the lock mechanism is rivited together and opening it will require lots of careful dismantling, so fixing it yourself is possible but probably not cost effective. Hence landrover want you to buy this part complete and i think it is about ?40~?50 quid... although not sure if you can get it cheaper.
fitting is relatively easy, but the small green plastic lever thingies round about it are easily broken and fiddly to refit.