Newbie saying hello!

· 6 · 2110

thecoyle

Newbie saying hello!
« on: June 21, 2010, 01:11:20 PM »
Hi all,
Not long joined the club, not got to any events as yet due to home and holiday commitments, but myself and the good lady will attend and say hello at some point!
I'm out in Argyll near the bonny Kyles of Bute and drive a pimped silver defender 90 300Tdi, you cant really miss it! So if anyone's ever out this way give us a beep and a wave or stop and say hello (especially if I'm at the side of the road covered in oil and looking somewhat bemused!).
On saying that we've just completed a fortnight away 1000 miles in the Landy round the top and back down the west coat with nothing more than a rattly wheel bearing, the Land Rover made the trip that bit more memorable, and more of an adventure than if we did it in our sensible car!
On another note if any members are out this way and needing assistance, wheter it be a tow, a pull out or maintenance and repair (I have a considerable collection of tools and a boilersuit, manuals etc but little clue and a big hammer - must be a bloke thing) give us a shout and I'll be happy to help.
Glad to be finaly part of the Land Rover network!
1998 Defender 90 300Tdi - Daisy the Defender
All the gear and no idea

cedric_r

• Yorkie
Re: Newbie saying hello!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 01:17:07 PM »
Welcome to the club. Hope to see you around at events (GRRs in my case).
Cedric

python

• its not a landrover if it doesn't leak oil.
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 03:10:17 PM »
Hello and welcome from me too.  ;D
my name, JON
disco 200 tdi,
disco 300 tdi
110 v8
3 x freelanders td4
1965 series 2a 109 crewcab.
series 3 on galvy chassis
disco 200 tdi,
disco 3.9 v8 lpg
disco 3,9. no lpg????

amature radio callsign MM6MIS

jumbo

• drive through car wash landrover style
    • photo bucket
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 03:41:07 PM »
welcome.....am a bit like that myself, clueless but without the overalls(no point i could never work out how they worked anyway :-[ ) hope to see you at an event soon
doug
2005 3door freelander td4
1986 90s/w with 200tdi

warning::: any jokes posted by myself come with a health warning!!!!!

coolcamper55

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 07:23:40 AM »
Welcome from another West Coaster, you come from one of the nicest spots on God's earth, did a lot of work up your neck of the woods way back in the "bow and arrow" days.

If you get stuck around the Greenock area give me a shout, I too have the tools etc but I know how to use them ;) ;), maybe catch up at one of the GRR's

Tommy

sthrifty

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 06:21:52 PM »
Welcome to the club  and forum,look forward  to meeting use at an event in the near future,the weekend event at Coulport is superb held over 2 days with TYRO and party night on Sat and driving day and"boat race" on Sunday.

Regards John
1995 300 tdi csw 110
series 3 109 2.25p
ex mil 1986 90 s/t 2.5na
88on galv chassis needs rebuild and more
Disco m reg 2l mpi
[/