Don't have quality issues with Britpart parts
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Britpart Stuff

· 7 · 2842

DRH

Britpart Stuff
« on: June 19, 2010, 09:09:06 PM »
Been reading a lot of posts recently that mention poor quality Britpart stuff.  Most of parts I order off the internet tend to be Britpart when they're delivered, and in the main seem to be ok, but what are people's overall experiences  If there appears to be a problem should the club (who should have a bit clout) write to Britpart raising a general concern about quality

sthrifty

Re: Britpart Stuff
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2010, 09:24:05 PM »
I have used thier service kits and shocks without any problem.
1995 300 tdi csw 110
series 3 109 2.25p
ex mil 1986 90 s/t 2.5na
88on galv chassis needs rebuild and more
Disco m reg 2l mpi
[/

Radarears

• photo bucket
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 09:39:31 PM »
I used their items on my Disco 1 and had no problems however I have always bought from my local dealer whom I have a good relationship with, Strathearn Engineering. I am sure they would help out if there was a quality problem/issue.
Think the main thing for me is to buy from a dealer locally and apart from supporting them you build up a good relationship which helps if there is a problem. Buy over the internet and maybe you are one of many.
Also your local dealer is a great source of information/help and advice and it is free. Thanks David ;) ;) ;)
Discovery td5 "Monte"

And the registered keeper of a Range Rover 4.0 se

elegia

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2010, 10:12:21 PM »
I've used a fair few Britpart bits, and, thus far, have found no problems with their stuff at all. That said I've not bought clutch or brake kits from them, so cannot comment on those types of components. Their fuel tanks are fine, maybe not the finest quality but I''ve absolutely no complaints. I did have to drill out a bit of burr in a bolt hole in an exhaust silencer (but as it cost ?10, it wasn't an issue!). On the whole I've been pretty happy with the components I've bought from Britpart. 

rangerovering

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2010, 10:23:37 PM »
Some of the stuff is fine. BUT, to date I can safely say to avoid:

The ?11 springs, they cannot prop the vehicle up level
ANY V8 ignition components, rotor arms, dizzy caps, leads the lot. Lesson learned, they MUST be LR gen for a V8 to run properly.
Accelerator cable which spilt the wire from the fork 3 times
Numerous problems with Series brake slave cylinders, they leak and fail almost instantly when fitted and are a serious safety issue. The threads for the pipe unions are also known to be badly made and leak.

There are more, but my rule of thumb is to only buy britpart when it is not safety critical or necessary for the correct function of the day to day running. I buy very few parts from them nowadays.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 09:09:12 AM by rangerovering »
Steve

bilko68

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 10:11:09 AM »
As above don't buy anything that your life depends on, i heard people sending starter motors back 2/3 times so that would rule out any thing electrical with moving parts.
The parts i've used have been petrol tanks,chassis repair legs, door seals, exhaust system (but the tail pipe rusts as soon as you take it out the bag.)
For the brake stuff pay the money and get girling and lucas, the blue box stuff is a waste of money you only end up replacing them sooner rather than later.
i don't think they really bothered about customer care as this subject has been raise with them through other lr clubs.
The other thing is that we as a club could find ourselves in deep dodo as naming and shaming could result in a court case against the forum admin.
Vote with your feet there"s plenty of good suppliers out there that don't sell bluebox you just have to check before you order.
yours got the t shirt
willie

james

• www.discoveryownersclub.org
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 10:24:08 AM »
iv had no major problems with britpart  and use the springs wich imop are good for the mony
as for componants i would avoid the ruber dohnuts for the 300 series disco as the dont last one
but i have used sender unit and lift pump amongsother things with no major problems

but imop you trend to get what you pay for   

james
slightly modified 200 tdi