Hello all

· 9 · 2975

elegia

Hello all
« on: June 15, 2010, 09:21:35 PM »
I thought it was about time I posted a wee hello on the forum. I've been a member of the club since the beginning of the year but for one reason or another have not yet made it to any of the meets  ::)  (DIY, work, hangover! etc). Still, I'm keen to get involved when I've got time. I'm currently in the process of changing landies from my series 3 88" to a defender 90.

I'm based in Twechar and more than willing to help folks with tinkering and maintenance jobs on their LRs (to be fair it's more by way of an extra pair of hands than any knowledge - which is limited to say the least!!)

cheers for now,

Jamie

sthrifty

Re: Hello all
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 09:29:32 PM »
Hi Jamie and welcome to both club and forum,look forward to meeting you at an event soon.

H ave you got your 90,when i bought my s111 I couldnt even change a wheel,its other club members who have came over helped and thus I learned a wee bit mainly making tea lol
1995 300 tdi csw 110
series 3 109 2.25p
ex mil 1986 90 s/t 2.5na
88on galv chassis needs rebuild and more
Disco m reg 2l mpi
[/

python

• its not a landrover if it doesn't leak oil.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 09:35:15 PM »
Yeah but you make good tea john. Butties are good too. Lol. Welcome jamie.
my name, JON
disco 200 tdi,
disco 300 tdi
110 v8
3 x freelanders td4
1965 series 2a 109 crewcab.
series 3 on galvy chassis
disco 200 tdi,
disco 3.9 v8 lpg
disco 3,9. no lpg????

amature radio callsign MM6MIS

jumbo

• drive through car wash landrover style
    • photo bucket
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 09:46:45 PM »
Hi Jamie and welcome to both club and forum,look forward to meeting you at an event soon.

H ave you got your 90,when i bought my s111 I couldnt even change a wheel,its other club members who have came over helped and thus I learned a wee bit mainly making tea lol
milk and 2 sugars thanks ;) cant remember the last time i made a brew myself....am tea-total these days

welcome to the nut house ;D
doug
2005 3door freelander td4
1986 90s/w with 200tdi

warning::: any jokes posted by myself come with a health warning!!!!!

Radarears

• photo bucket
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 01:24:24 AM »
Hi JAMIE,

Welcome to the club hope you mange to get to an event or two oon but you can always join in the banter on the forum :D
Discovery td5 "Monte"

And the registered keeper of a Range Rover 4.0 se

elegia

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 08:59:25 AM »
Thanks for your warm welcomes  8) . Aye, I'm always up for a bit of craic either on the forum or face to face!!

I've not picked up my 90 yet, the guy (known for years) has a personal plate on it so there' s a bit of DVLAing as he transfers registrations. I'm in the process of replacing the door on my series then am going to sell the old thing  :'( . Like you John I knew very little about mechanicals but living with my series has taught me loads (well loads more than what I knew!!!) and I was helped out by a fellow enthusiast when I was staying in Worcester.

.......................oh and I'm quite handy with the kettle too  ;D

Jamie

Radarears

• photo bucket
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 10:27:25 AM »
Any photo's of the series and how much ?

Thought I would try and get in first before a Paisley resident bags another one ...  ;) ;)
Discovery td5 "Monte"

And the registered keeper of a Range Rover 4.0 se

wullie_r

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 10:39:25 AM »
Hey Jamie, welcome to the forum.

elegia

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 10:59:14 AM »
Any photo's of the series and how much ?

Thought I would try and get in first before a Paisley resident bags another one ...  ;) ;)

Blimey, haven't thought that far ahead yet!!! The drivers door has had it so, I will replace that before I sell it on as well as give it a thorough oil change (gear and engine). I'll take some pics and think about a price  ;)