geoffg

Re: 25th and 26th September 2010 - Callander
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2010, 08:26:58 PM »
What was the outcome of your conversation, Bobby?
Geoff ???

bobby

• www.gemm4x4.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2010, 11:42:24 PM »
I have spoken to Sharon and her Dad and the weekend of the 25th and 26th is going ahead. This has been arranged due to alot of club members saying how they missed the Callander weekends. 

The Brig O turk village hall is booked for a ceilidh on the saturday night, Band is booked and There is going to be a bar at it. This will be for Charity aswell.

People are welcome to arrive on the Friday night after 7pm. There will be no off roading that weekend but Sharon has asked that if anyone would like a treasure hunt on foot or something arranged for the Saturday to email her on milton@o2email.co.uk.  On the sunday there is a GRR.

Sharon also mentioned that there is a BIG BREAKFAST being served in the village hall on the saturday morning for Charity.  Everyone welcome, To be honest it's not too be missed.

I personally think this will be a great weekend as Callander was always a good Sociable weekend, and it is not to be missed. I'm sure it will bring back alot of good memories for people.

Bobby

We drive the landrovers, we brake the landrovers, I fix the landrovers. GEMM 4X4 LTD workshop@gemm4x4.co.uk,, slrocchairman at gmail.com

geoffg

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2010, 07:39:29 PM »
Sounds like a good weekend. Any idea where the Green Road Run will be heading?
Geoff :)

Tim

• Carbon has a footprint but it has no feet.........
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2010, 11:17:16 PM »
There is a fantastic but very easy to drive 16 mile circuit round the Glenfinglass Reservoir - I used to do it on my mountain bike years ago. On one occasion I got permission to drive it with 3 other cars but the next time I asked the forest owner (it's a private forest not FE) they declined me access on elf and safety grounds.......................... so if you want a workout on your mountain bike bring that along! 8 miles steep uphill and 8 miles very steep downhill on the other side sorts the fit from the unfit!
On my drive now - Zanzibar Bronze Evoque 5 door Dynamic Lux Plus with Intelligence & Black Packs with Tan interior
Gone - Fuji White RR Evoque Coupe Dynamic Lux Plus
Staying - 1996 Epsom Green TDi 300 CHT that is now a CSW

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 12:47:04 AM »
There is a fantastic but very easy to drive 16 mile circuit round the Glenfinglass Reservoir - I used to do it on my mountain bike years ago. On one occasion I got permission to drive it with 3 other cars but the next time I asked the forest owner (it's a private forest not FE) they declined me access on elf and safety grounds.......................... so if you want a workout on your mountain bike bring that along! 8 miles steep uphill and 8 miles very steep downhill on the other side sorts the fit from the unfit!

Its the Woodland Trust. When they bought the estate ( with ?1.6m of a grant from Lottery money) I specifically asked at a village meeting if we would be allowed to continue with an annual trip and was told "Yes". The individual concerned now says that no such question was ever asked. They also now have a 99 year lease on the original Coilantogle site....guess what, no off-road use - it "conflicts with our policies on peaceful recreational use....". The problem is they are imposing policies designed for a 4 acre wood in Surrey on a 10,000 acre Estate up here.

That said, management is a problem. They have had problems with motorbikes using the track and we do get some right Neds up here, if they got access with 4x4s it would be a nightmare. This weekend saw a footbridge over the burn at the other end of Loch Achray being chopped up and burnt by a team of so-called "Fishermen", the neighbour who saw it got a mouthful of abuse when he challenged them. The problem is that we get tarred with the same brush.  The National Park are introducing a By-Law on Loch Lomond banning lochside camping. If it works there it will be rolled out across the rest of the Park. The Neds will have wrecked the idea of a weekends rough camping for the rest of us.      
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 12:50:34 AM by genem »
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

jumbo

• drive through car wash landrover style
    • photo bucket
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 10:27:10 AM »
maybe they should set up a border patrol and everyone must pass a basic inteligence/common sense test before they are allowed access?
doug
2005 3door freelander td4
1986 90s/w with 200tdi

warning::: any jokes posted by myself come with a health warning!!!!!

sthrifty

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 12:05:47 PM »
I can see where the park dictators are coming from when trawling up the east shore of the loch every available camping area looks like landfill trailer trash homestead a ban on rough camping is the easy cheap way to resolve the problem.

In my opinion for what its worth rough camping should be allowed but campers should be made aware that fines can and will be levied against those who leave litter chop down trees disturb resident with noise,random parking,in fact those who dont respect the privalage of the outdoors should have their motors/bikes/jet skis etc etc clamped or impounded
1995 300 tdi csw 110
series 3 109 2.25p
ex mil 1986 90 s/t 2.5na
88on galv chassis needs rebuild and more
Disco m reg 2l mpi
[/

ruaritreble

• ruariboy
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 09:59:33 AM »
Thks for link Gary.

Camping Ceilidh Breakfast 4x4 

Count me in. Will bring the love of my life and the misses ;)
Is it open to  non members?
Karis 110 - The perfect way to get a MTB to the top of the hill.
Power to the pedal!

Myrtle Air Portable - V8
------------------------
MM6IIO
------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/ruariboy

http://s826.photobucket.com/home/ruariboy