More groundworks for the Hill Rally

· 5 · 3779

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
More groundworks for the Hill Rally
« on: May 17, 2010, 10:26:10 AM »
This weekend I'm going into Griffin Forest (up be Aberfeldy) to do a large amount of ground work.... so we can race down a fire-break that's almost 1.5 miles long!

I need people & stuff: I need people with spades to move hardcore around once it's in place; I need trailers to move the hard-core from the quarry to where it's needed; I need people with saws & loppers to clear branches off trees; and I need people to help build some bridges.

We will be camping in the forest, a nice open area beside the loch.... so you can go swimming after a good days work :D

Drop me a PM if you can help, and I'll fill you in on the When and Where details :)

Many thanks

jumplead

• MM3JZB. . MSA SCRUTINEER, lowbox 21
Re: More groundworks for the Hill Rally
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 04:34:26 PM »
let me know timings etc grid ref ? how many big saws :D     jonny c

rangerovering

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 04:54:01 PM »
I might be able to offer a day to clear trees etc. if necessary. Not got a trailer but have a chainsaw!
Steve

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 11:53:01 PM »
I might be able to offer a day to clear trees etc. if necessary. Not got a trailer but have a chainsaw!
Don't worry about the lack of trailer.... there are several jobs that need doing.
Chainsaw-wise - the forestry guys get very upset if they discover people using chainsaws without licences (Jumplead has all the certificates under the sun ;-) )..... but don't let that stop you coming: most of what we're clearing is branches - and there's helping to build bridges and making the roads too!

rangerovering

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 12:26:16 PM »
OK I will see what I can do, if painting and decorating can be avoided then hopefully I will see you there!!

PM sent about locations ;)
Steve