Land rover show in Scotland

· 47 · 20965

Alan A

• Name: Alan Agnew
Re: Land rover show in Scotland
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 10:30:20 AM »
Perhaps a little clarification is required in this matter. The organisers of this show did not approach the club, Sharon, our PR officer, only found out about it by chance.

seems strange this event wasnt spotted sooner, before the anual programe was decided, unless the show wasnt made public till recently
Personally I think that is a bit of an obvious mistake on the organisers part by not contacting the national owners club for the vehicle that the show is all about.

Sharon is working very hard at the moment to find out what, if any, contribution we can make to the show, indeed we don't even know yet if they want us there, so it is a little premature to start suggesting that the club should be shuffling about our well organised calander, to support someone elses event, especially given that the Club event in question is our biggest one of the year. Please also bear in mind that this weekend would involve moving two Championship events, MSA permits have been applied for, safety cover arranged, and, perhaps most importantly, this is the date that suits the landowner as, amongst other reasons, we are not the only people that use that site and he has several hundred head of livestock to move for our driving pleasure, these are not things that have to happen on a GRR! 

Please let Sharon do her job and if the Club can do something at the show, I am sure you will all give her the support she needs when the jobs need filling, and not just for the free tickets either!

geoffg

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 12:11:32 PM »
he has several hundred head of livestock to move for our driving pleasure, these are not things that have to happen on a GRR! 

Sometimes happens, Alan. Just ask Eck (The Drover) McCormack regarding Balquhidder GRR August 2008!!

Geoff :P

milton17

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2010, 12:27:45 PM »
Geoff

Difference is Bathgate is a Weekend event with a camping site, GRR is a 1 day drive through property, Talking from experience as from a farming back groound and having the club up for weekend events at the farm in years gone by, it's not a case of just moving livestock in to another field planning is involved.

Bathgate weekend will not be getting moved, as dates agreed with farmer etc.

Sharon

Pilot Custard

• Name: Ian Stuart
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2010, 09:23:53 PM »
Personaly i dont want to miss the driving day, its always a good time to catch up with folk and get muddy at the same time...
And neither you should!

A stand at the show only needs two or three people. Let those who have a desire to do that sort of thing get on with doing that sort of thing, and you go play!

(or, to put it another way: we want your dosh, so go to the driving day  :D :D )

jumbo

• drive through car wash landrover style
    • photo bucket
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2010, 12:52:30 AM »
be honest, you want me at the driving day so you can practice recovery techniques lol ;)
doug
2005 3door freelander td4
1986 90s/w with 200tdi

warning::: any jokes posted by myself come with a health warning!!!!!

geoffg

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 07:59:27 AM »
Geoff

Difference is Bathgate is a Weekend event with a camping site, GRR is a 1 day drive through property, Talking from experience as from a farming back groound and having the club up for weekend events at the farm in years gone by, it's not a case of just moving livestock in to another field planning is involved.

Bathgate weekend will not be getting moved, as dates agreed with farmer etc.

Sharon
It was a wee joke for Alan
geoff :o

I think I'll do Knockhill on Saturday and Ballencrief on Sunday, since I no longer do RTV's!!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 08:01:38 AM by geoffg »

sthrifty

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2010, 10:11:13 PM »
Well I will be at bathgate first chance to get the caravan out for. A weekend. Might do rtv as well if,90 ready. Will be looking for shop help ok Sunday
1995 300 tdi csw 110
series 3 109 2.25p
ex mil 1986 90 s/t 2.5na
88on galv chassis needs rebuild and more
Disco m reg 2l mpi
[/

coolcamper55

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2010, 09:22:00 AM »
I was thinking about taking my "tin tent" but dont fancy towing through a mud bath, what is the situation with getting the van in and siting it, dont want to wreck it as its fairly new

Tommy

jumbo

• drive through car wash landrover style
    • photo bucket
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2010, 11:53:00 AM »
I was thinking about taking my "tin tent" but dont fancy towing through a mud bath, what is the situation with getting the van in and siting it, dont want to wreck it as its fairly new

Tommy
hi, normaly they leave a coridor fenced off only for caravans to get out. obviously the rest of the road in will get chewed up with the amount of motors but the coridor should stay ok
doug
2005 3door freelander td4
1986 90s/w with 200tdi

warning::: any jokes posted by myself come with a health warning!!!!!

bobby

• www.gemm4x4.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2010, 10:30:40 PM »
Hi

the bathgate weekend is perfect for the tintent i have seen caravans there that are weeks old 

bobby
We drive the landrovers, we brake the landrovers, I fix the landrovers. GEMM 4X4 LTD workshop@gemm4x4.co.uk,, slrocchairman at gmail.com

milton17

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2010, 01:18:03 PM »
UPDATE ON THE SHOW

I have recieved word back from the organisers regarding the show. i have been asked by the organisers to fill in a proposal form. i have put this to the committee and asked Alan agnew to have a read through this as he has knowledge this from previous shows.  I will keep you all updated on any decisions or feedback that i recieve,

thanks

Sharon

milton17

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2010, 06:45:32 PM »
Proposal form and letter has been submitted to Live promotions who is the organiser of the event.

Sharon

geoffg

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2010, 07:58:05 AM »
It's strange that the show doesn't appear on Live's list of 2010 events. On various Land Rover forums, a Scottish show has been asked for, and it would be a shame to pass this opportunity up. Several years ago there were shows at Broxburn, Fenwick and Knockhill and they were fairly popular, but not just Land Rover shows.
geoff :)

milton17

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2010, 01:56:34 PM »
UPDATE ON THE SHOW!!!!

Our proposal for a stand at the scottish landrover show on the 10th and 11th at knockhill has been accepted and confirmed.  There is a committee meeting on Thursday night so the show will be discussed at the meeting, I will keep everyone posted on whats happening.

Sharon

dantheman

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2010, 05:51:24 PM »
we (series2club scotland) are also booked in and confirmed, so see u there
land rover daft!!!or just plain daft!!!!!