Range Rover P38 for sale (very very low price!)

· 1 · 492

Jon

• Name: Jon Barnes
Range Rover P38 for sale (very very low price!)
« on: July 17, 2023, 02:49:14 PM »
Hello SLROC,
Our Range Rover P38 2.5 diesel is looking for a new home.. I'm having to let her go - too good to scrap (really reluctant to do this..) and we really want the car to go to someone who would like the car, to repair, or even if for parts..
Currently on SORN and 'not running'.
It needs work - the usual things, air suspension now isn't working and can't trace the fault (convert to springs?), leaking fuel pump gasket, headlining sagging, rear tailgate rust, sticking starter motor and additionally needs some chassis welding/repairs (MOT fail). This is beyond what I can now put into it unfortunately.

On the plus side it was a totally reliable runner until last Nov, with a still strong 2.5 the BMW engine, auto box, 4 good tyres, body work (apart from tailgate) is all ok, leather seats and interior all fine, and no known electrical issues at that point. Two keys, original handbook. Year 1999.

I don't want to scrap the vehicle, we've had her for 10 great, reliable years as a daily use car.  So I'm hoping someone/club members might be interested in giving a new lease of life? Any reasonable/low! offer would be considered to someone who would try to put the car back on the road..

The car is based near Lauder (A68) but would need trailer/flat bed uplift (access not a problem).
Hope you can help save the car?
I can send photos.
Jon - 0777157 8958 (Email: iamjonnybarnes@googlemail.com)
Many thanks.