Landrover no more

· 1 · 1326

kvz2000

• Name: Donald
Landrover no more
« on: May 17, 2019, 10:30:01 AM »
Hi All ,
Hoping to create a bit of chat and find out opinions from you , I recently sold my Discovery Series 2 TD5 it was a 2002 model and served me very well but was starting to eat money so after over 3 years of ownership it was time for a change . Initially I wanted to stay with Landrover but could not find a decent replacement within my budget , I fancied a Rangerover but only the P38 fell within my budget and they are my least favourite but way to many Rangerovers either had or required expensive repairs like auto gearbox problems to air suspension issues , even newish Rangerovers for sale had new gearboxes fitted at a cost of several thousands, Classic RR are going for good money and I love the look of them but both of my Classic RR had engine problems with water escaping into engine .
I had ruled out any Defenders as I don’t do much off roading and they are not the most comfortable . So I decided to open up my search to all 4x4 options , I was heading to Hamilton one day and before I left I carried out a search and found a very nice Mercedes ML 270 CDI for sale , it was auto , 92k miles , FSH , new MOT last owner for 10 years , never had a tow bar fitted and was in excellent condition so deal was done . It drives beautifully and with leather interior is very comfortable, will be taking it off road on Sunday so will be able to compare against Discovery, it does have the low box option so should be similar .
I will need to fit roof bars ( it was the rails ) and a tow bar but so far I’m really liking it and might even consider taking it to France on holiday this year , not something I would have been able to do with the Discovery .
I should say that I have a liking for Mercedes brand and our everyday car is a Merc and I have a 46 year old Merc that is in amazing condition after all that time and passes mot with no advisory’s even though it’s mot exempt.
I still love the Landrover and will stay a member of the club as I fancy and older series model as a restoration project ..
Cheers
Donald