Wanted 2.5n/a Diesel engine in good condition

· 7 · 1641

Lurch032003

• Name: John wilkie
Wanted 2.5n/a Diesel engine in good condition
« on: September 25, 2017, 11:49:27 PM »
 :'( well despite my efforts and skint knuckles and hours spent trying I still no further forward and have come to the point where I'm beat ! So I'm on the hunt for a working and in good condition 2.5 n/a Diesel engine that can be seen running prior to buying please as really really need landrover up and running ASAP.
If your able to help drop me a msg will check regular cash waiting for right engine can pickup if you got hoist or lift or can bring mine with me or if you can deliver will pay costs .
Cheers
John
I'm not lost I'm just slow getting there.

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
Re: Wanted 2.5n/a Diesel engine in good condition
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 01:34:42 PM »
Check out the Series 2 Club as well John, there was a 2.5 for sale on there earlier this month, not sure if it sold. Down in deepest Englandshire though.
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

Lurch032003

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 06:52:11 PM »
Check out the Series 2 Club as well John, there was a 2.5 for sale on there earlier this month, not sure if it sold. Down in deepest Englandshire though.
Hi gem yep I noticed that had gone , and a tad far for me to get to aswell, been looking at gumtree and eBay to , I'm going to try sort the timing belt and retime the one I near finished fitting and see if it will work as got quote fir a unknown plus delivery if eBay at £500 so that's a tad outwith my budget plus unseen and Unknown bern on that route hence me nit gift one working yet but building up a spair parts stock for future use if I do get a runner lol just so much need to get her working as need to get stuff out if garage befire the bad weather sets in. Oh well fingers crossed someone has just what I need and will reply soon .

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 12:07:23 AM »
Good luck John, you need a bit at the moment !
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

Lurch032003

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 12:30:36 AM »
Good luck John, you need a bit at the moment !

Oh if that's availble I take that too please lol but yes I could use some luck just fir a change from my usual bad run of bad luck Lol

Lurch032003

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 02:09:51 AM »
Bump still on the hunt

Lurch032003

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 08:58:36 PM »
Well I've taken a chance and gone a bought a bay engine which if video is correct etc I will have a runner and hopefully be back on the road again soon, now to strip out one I've fitted that I was half way to fixing and redoing its timing and belt for this one due to arrive and put it in line with the other ones to take to mancave to be stripped and fixed and done in the warmth and light ready for use if I need. Then onto at long last to finsh the restoration of the other one, pheeeww will need a good rest at end of all this laugh out loud.
John