Discovery 2 td5 for sale for spares or repair (S Reg)

· 4 · 960

DRH

Discovery 2 td5 for sale for spares or repair (S Reg)
« on: March 18, 2017, 01:17:17 PM »
As above, 5 seat Discovery 2 GS that's mechanically sound and good bodily, but needs welded both sides of the chassis at the rear axle.

Bought it to break for another project, but it's still mot'd till early May and I've been running about in it, and it's too good to break without giving someone the opportunity to get a project.  It's done 197k but the engine's good and the gearbox is tight.  Plenty of service history.  4 good tyres.

For someone who's handy with a welder there's a good bit of life left in it, or for someone who's looking for an engine or box, there's a chance to run it it before I sorn it at the end of the month.

If it doesn't sell before the end of the month, I'll break it.  If anyone's looking for an engine before then, I'm also happy to break the car.

I'm in Larbert, but the car's in Stirling.  PM me if you're looking for pictures  my mobile is 07990 512006

Looking for £850

Duncan

« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 01:20:19 PM by DRH »

fireblade

• Name: mike walker
Re: Discovery 2 td5 for sale for spares or repair (S Reg)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 12:53:30 PM »
look at my post   
dougie was looking for engine few days ago
mike
mike
edinburgh

DRH

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 03:38:30 PM »
Thanks Mike

I offered him it but apparently he's scrapped his motor.  It's on Gumtee just now but not a lot of serius interest.  There plenty I can use off for my project one, so not unduly concerned if it sells or not - just thought it was too good to break if someone could deal with the welding and use it afterwaards.. 

As you know at that age there's not a lot of difference beteen the value of the spares that can be got from it and the value after it's repaired.

Cheers Duncan

fireblade

• Name: mike walker
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 07:38:25 PM »
Thanks Mike

I offered him it but apparently he's scrapped his motor.  It's on Gumtee just now but not a lot of serius interest.  There plenty I can use off for my project one, so not unduly concerned if it sells or not - just thought it was too good to break if someone could deal with the welding and use it afterwaards.. 

As you know at that age there's not a lot of difference beteen the value of the spares that can be got from it and the value after it's repaired.

Cheers Duncan
yes i know what your saying  i had a couple for breaking also think its a waste of time doing it my mate took both engines as he was going to put them in a boat but other than that its not realy worth the hassle
i got a good black disco 2 body though its off now ready to transplant on to my disco 1  as there hard to get good shells now
mike
edinburgh