Help needed getting stuff from the club shop

· 4 · 1739

DRH

Help needed getting stuff from the club shop
« on: December 12, 2016, 11:04:05 PM »
Way back in November, I asked a question about buying stuff from the club shop - but despite 81 views I never got a response.

Today I tried to buy the stuff I wanted to buy online, and was asked to log in before going to the checkout.  It wouldn't let me log in and after several attempts I decided to send an email asking for my password to be reset - but it now doesn't recognise my e-mail address.  I'm still getting pm's etc so assume that something else has happened

Can anyone help sort this out or will I have to re-register

Duncan

Dean

• Name: Dean Pugh
Re: Help needed getting stuff from the club shop
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 07:15:34 AM »
The Club Shop is being run via a separate retailer based in Bathgate.   The advantage of this is the club doesn't have to have £1,000's of pounds tied up in stock, doesn't have to store large quantities of stock and is less likely to run out of particular sizes, etc.

Therefore I suspect the online login is nothing to do with your SLROC / Forum login and you should register as a new user the first time you order online via the new site.

I understand there is a "collection in person" option when it comes to delivery / dispatch - this is from the retailers base in Bathgate (and not from an SLROC Member / at an event).
2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech
80" 3.5 V8 EFi Trials Car - Old Yelr

MsUK Call Sign - Lowbox 22
MM6 RRP

DRH

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 10:23:42 AM »
Thanks Dean

That appears to have sorted out the log in problem - I created a new account on the club shop site.

But in the way of constructive feedback here are a few comments;

Without your help, I wouldn't have know that for a first time buyer using the online shop you need to register.  It's confusing at even when you do register, it still asks you for you SLROC log in details (which if they aren't the same as the new club shop registration details won't let you log in.

I had no difficulty identifying what I want and constructing the order, but the delivery time is anything up to 19 days

I entered that I would collect in person in the special instructions box, and was told to allow up to 10 days before collection

Personal circumstances just now mean I can't be certain if I'll be around to accept delivery anytime in the next 19 days or be able to collect in person in 10 days time, so collection from stock over the next couple of days would have been preferable. 

Therefore, I tried to phone the phone number on the bottom to see if they held anything in stock that I could collect in person or (as they are an embroidery company) they were preparing the goods as ordered (which probably makes sense).  The phone was directed to an answering service.  I'll leave it into the new year now before ordering for delivery as I know I'll be at home.

I see the sense in getting a third party to to run the shop - but it's not been an easy process so-far and I just wonder how many people have been having similar difficulties and just given up without contacting the club to either get assistance or let you know of their experience.

Hope my comments are helpful - and thanks for your help.  I want the stuff as the last stuff I bought was good quality so will try again in the new year

Regards Duncan

Dean

• Name: Dean Pugh
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 12:10:25 PM »
Glad your sort of sorted.

Thanks for the feedback.   It is valuable and I will pass it on.

Best regards,

D
2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech
80" 3.5 V8 EFi Trials Car - Old Yelr

MsUK Call Sign - Lowbox 22
MM6 RRP