LR 90 Dip head lights

· 6 · 1907

Trendytrev

• Name: Trevor Shields
LR 90 Dip head lights
« on: April 30, 2016, 02:52:31 PM »
Hi
Front dip lights suddenly stopped on my 1989 LR90. Checked the halogen bulbs and they are both okay.
Read up on common cause with the Dip Dim relay, but I don't seem to have one ! I tried looking behind the dash and under the driver side front wing for the PINK relay, but nothing.

On a separate note, the Diff Lock light has never worked, so whilst the dash was off today I checked the bulb, which looked ok (but still not working)

Anyone know what type of bulbs these are. Could it be something else?

Anyone got any ideas?
Trevor
D2 TD5
88" coil v8 trials motor

diesel jock

Re: LR 90 Dip head lights
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 08:15:17 AM »
The headlight problem will probably be the switch i have had a few of these fail, its a cheap easy fix though about £20 as for the difflock light it is probably the switch on the transfer box also cheap to fix

Trendytrev

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 12:23:11 PM »
Hi Jock
Was yours the light switch itself or the relay?
Trevor
D2 TD5
88" coil v8 trials motor

diesel jock

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 07:55:05 PM »
It was the main lighting switch on the column that failed i got an aftermarket 1 the first time, the last one i replaced was a genuine lucas switch was 20quid  compared to £125 from  taggarts, depends on the age of the motor the older switches are cheap compared to the later ones ie td5 tdci

frrfrr

• Name: Fraser Robertson
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 07:49:13 AM »
I've dim dip on my ninety,  it's not the pink relay but the one used in rrc's.  It's fixed behind the speedo . Have a look on Google images to see the difference in the relays . My headlights weren't working but it was a loose conection

Trendytrev

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 07:07:52 PM »
Finally found the cause, a bad earth on the lighting system. Simply created a new earth to resolve.
Thanks for all the advice, especially Luke
Trevor
D2 TD5
88" coil v8 trials motor