VAG-COM advice needed

· 7 · 2053

shug

• Name: Hugh Kay
VAG-COM advice needed
« on: March 25, 2016, 05:03:09 PM »
Hi All

I know its not landy related but some of us run other makes of vehicle . I have just got myself a wee golf tdi to run about in while I rebuild the landy over the summer . does anyone have experience of or use/have vag-com diagnostic software that you can get on ebay for your laptop , is it any good? looking for fault code reading and removal , also have the flashing heater plug light but hoping to fix it with a hammer  :o.  any advice would be appreciated .

cheers shug...

Lurch032003

• Name: John wilkie
Re: VAG-COM advice needed
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 06:06:44 PM »
Hi shug I git the Aa type one that plugs in gives the code and clears if of any good to you also has its manual with what the codes mean so if you fancy a drive up or can get the code and post it I or someone else can tell you.
Anyways let me know mate
Cheers
John
I'm not lost I'm just slow getting there.

Lurch032003

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 06:07:23 PM »
Or text or call me shug if you want
Forgot to add that bit
John

shug

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 10:01:51 AM »
Hi John

thanks for the offer, I might take you up on it . I will be in touch soon about the 2 1/4 diesel, I have almost finished the 200tdi conversion . hope to drop the engine off to you before I put the landy off the road.

cheers shug...

Lurch032003

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 12:20:53 PM »
Hi shug , not a problem but give me a shout as I'm now living in polbeth 8mins away from where my mother is but still everything up there lol hope to get first part of fencing done here where I am once done getting a 5x4 m workshop up the back for everything so can work on stuff plus will be having a double drive at front of house so going to have loads of my own space to do stuff, the fault reader is up at my mother's bit in garage and I know where exactly it is for once lol
Cheers
John

tintin1986

• Name: Kieran
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 03:19:19 PM »
I know this over a week old, but the glow plug light flashing, will be a brake pedal switch fault.

shug

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 07:34:57 PM »
it also means injection pump outwith its specified limits  :o, and my brake lights are working  :(  .

thanks for the reply. shug...