For Sale - Complete 1999 Discovery 1 3.9 V8i - Spares or Repair - £600 OVNO

· 1 · 667

s17acs

• Name: Andrew Steel
For Sale – Spares or Repair – Discovery 1 3.9 V8i 5 Door
I bought this in August last year from another SLROC member and my son and I have enjoyed using it for a few RTV and TYRO events.  Unfortunately, MOT is about to run out and it will require work which I can’t complete myself so its time for the Disco to move on and start searching for a new toy!

Key points:
•   March 1999 so one of the last Disco 1s
•   Body coloured bumpers(few scuffs and scratches), its metallic Rioja red and has grey leather interior on all 7 seats, fronts are electric (middle and front seats from Range Rover classic)
•   It is fitted with LPG - currently its under 60p a ltr which makes it slightly cheaper to run than a tdi but with about 70 more horses and a much better sound!  Tanks are torpedo and mounted under both sills.  Starts on unleaded and automatically switches at approx. 1800rpm.  Can be switched back to unleaded anytime with dashboard switch.
•   De-carbon 2 inch lift kit and shocks.
•   Disks, bleed nipples and pads all changed within the last year (approximately 1500 miles ago)
•   All the bushes replaced with new polly items and used new nuts n bolts (well-greased) on everything.
•   Twin electric fans that kick in at different temperatures just to be safe.
•   Diff guards fitted front and rear.
•   Manual gearbox – R380
•   Recent exhaust from catalytic converter back

Not so good points:
•   MOT expires on Friday 10th July 2015
•   Welding required – both rear body mounts and drivers side sill will need attention.  There is also a small hole on the chassis close to the catalytic converter which will need patched.
•   Brakes recently started needing an extra pump to work correctly – possibly just needing bled?
•   Battery is not the strongest – will start vehicle no problem if left for a day or two but doesn’t hold a charge for much longer than that.
•   Bodywork has scratches and marks consistent with RTV use.  Rear wing pulled in a little where the tyre has rubbed at some point.

Although it is currently set up for off-road use, I intend to keep the tubular front bumper, sump guard and black modular wheels and tyres for any future Discovery’s I might run.
Will come with silver painted steel wheels fitted with matching General Grabber tyres size 235/85/16.

I am looking for £600 OVNO to allow me to put towards another Land Rover product.  Discussion with other SLROC members suggests engine, gearbox and drivechain are worth about £500 alone.

On holiday but not away so viewing can be arranged almost any time.  Located in Bonnybridge, Falkirk.
Photographs can be emailed and I will do my best to answer any questions you might have.

Thanks for reading,
Andrew. 
andrew.steel1@talktalk.net