Anyone know this Disco?

· 4 · 1377

dalbuie

• Name: David Black
Anyone know this Disco?
« on: May 14, 2015, 11:26:03 AM »
Hi,

My series 3 109 Safari is taking longer to restore than I want (don't they always) so I've been looking about for another LR for towing and general work  for this year. I have seen this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181731510442 - and chatted to the owner via email and it and he seem very genuine.

Anyone came accross this vehicle - might be at the higher level on Disco 1 prices but I'd rather have a fully sorted one as I need to devote my time to the Series 3.

Cheers
D
Never look into a laser with your remaining eye!

BigPaul

• Name: BigP
Re: Anyone know this Disco?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 07:49:08 PM »
I haven't seen it personally but, after reading the advert I'll say this.  It seems to have had a lot of work done on it which is good.  However, where he says that he travelled a lot in wet weather so he took the carpets & foam backing out as 'the floor dries quicker, I'd take with a pinch of salt.

As you will know Land Rovers leak, this will be no different.  I've got one that age and it's driving me nuts trying to trace where the water's coming from. 

Apart from that worth a look and bid him what you think it's worth.

dalbuie

• Name: David Black
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 08:24:41 PM »
Thanks, it was one of the things I wondered about. Many years ago I had a Terrano II and I never managed to find the leak in that!
Never look into a laser with your remaining eye!

oilcan

• Name: Raymond Boyd
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 08:34:15 PM »
Maybe when he says wet weather he actaully means wading