Next GRR- 21 Feb

· 10 · 3029

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
Next GRR- 21 Feb
« on: February 02, 2015, 10:07:48 PM »
OK, Negotiating with the Forestry for an event, now probably 21 Feb. Location Loch Ard area, I've bid for 32Km - 20 miles - of driving, a good bit of it new to us. Still waiting for final confirmation, watch this space.

Gene
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 07:57:00 PM by genem »
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

genem

Re: Next GRR Date- 21 Feb
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 07:54:58 PM »
I got the Permission forms today so we are good to go. Loch Ard Forest with a fair bit we've not driven before. Final recce over the weekend to check exactly what we've got access to.

Open to any MOT'd landrover with at least 1 SLROC member in it, Series 2 Club invited as guests too. ( Fellow ARC member club)

For planning purposes please be at the big car-park behind the Scottish Wool Centre off the main street in Aberfoyle for 10am next SAT. Loos. shops and fuel available in town.  Bring a packed lunch, camera, fuel for 30+ miles, of which at least 20 miles off tarmac. A tow rope if you have one, basic spares kit might be handy for some.... £10 per veicle to cover the Insurance & Forestry Permissions.

As usual I plan to divvy up groups of 4-5 vehicles so we do not have a "rolling road-block" effect.

I'll be doing the marking out on Friday afternoon, the 19th, if anyone is about ?

Cheers, Gene
Modify message
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 08:01:58 PM by genem »

Dave T

Re: Next GRR- 21 Feb
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 02:28:53 PM »
any play or interesting areas Gene?
1994 Defender 90
2016 D4 Graphite

david

• Name: David Russell
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 04:27:50 PM »
Sorry we will be missing this one due to work committments.

genem

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 12:09:30 AM »
any play or interesting areas Gene?

I need to go check exactly what we've got....Hope to get a chance to go look tomorrow .

Alandy

• Name: Alan Lahaise
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 08:52:01 PM »
Was really hoping to get along to this as it would be my first GRR with SLROC but regret I can't make it. Hope it goes well and look forward to seeing the pics on the website! Will do my best to get to the next one. Cheers Alan  :(
Cheers,

Alan

tinworm

• Name: Mark
Re: Next GRR Date- 21 Feb
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 11:27:21 PM »
I got the Permission forms today so we are good to go. Loch Ard Forest with a fair bit we've not driven before. Final recce over the weekend to check exactly what we've got access to.

Open to any MOT'd landrover with at least 1 SLROC member in it, Series 2 Club invited as guests too. ( Fellow ARC member club)

For planning purposes please be at the big car-park behind the Scottish Wool Centre off the main street in Aberfoyle for 10am next SAT. Loos. shops and fuel available in town.  Bring a packed lunch, camera, fuel for 30+ miles, of which at least 20 miles off tarmac. A tow rope if you have one, basic spares kit might be handy for some.... £10 per veicle to cover the Insurance & Forestry Permissions.

As usual I plan to divvy up groups of 4-5 vehicles so we do not have a "rolling road-block" effect.

I'll be doing the marking out on Friday afternoon, the 19th, if anyone is about ?

Cheers, Gene
Modify message

Hi,

Just checking.  Is the GRR on Saturday 21st Feb?   You've mentioned Friday 19th, but Friday is the 20th.

Ta,

tinworm

• Name: Mark
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 11:35:28 PM »
Question answered... I found the info under the GRR section of the forum.

:)

Neildisco300

• Name: Neil
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 09:43:58 AM »
All going well I will be at this one, been saying that for a year and every time my landy dose what they do best and packs up the day before.

yellodisco

• Name: Alan Griffith
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2015, 12:09:56 AM »
Weather forecast is looking good for the first GRR of the year on Saturday, and there might even be some snow on the ground for added interest - hoping to see as many as possible there with picnics, cameras and warm clothes for a good day out!  Alan (with apologies to those that can't do a Saturday -next one is a Sunday in April)