Clutch biting point

· 3 · 1411

kvz2000

• Name: Donald
Clutch biting point
« on: February 01, 2015, 11:45:23 AM »
Hi Guys,

Am I correct in thinking that the higher up on the pedal the biting point is the more life there is in the clutch?
That being the case my clutch has plenty of life in it but the other day for the first time I was reversing a trailer up my sons drive ( bit of a hill ) I was riding the clutch as it took me a few attempts , there was a bit of smell from the clutch and I was wondering if this is normal, there is no clutch slip .

Ta

Donald

piper5

Re: Clutch biting point
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 01:15:56 PM »
yep i would say thats just your bad driving ;), try using low box next time and take it slower, that will give you more time to react to what the trailer is doing.

kvz2000

• Name: Donald
Re: Clutch biting point
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 06:41:09 PM »
yep i would say thats just your bad driving ;), try using low box next time and take it slower, that will give you more time to react to what the trailer is doing.

Ha Ha yip your right , it's the first time I have reversed the traier and even without a trailer my sons drive is an awkward one to reverse up ,,but thanks for the tip re low box .thing I have a good photo of his drive with my old Saab at the foot of it ,