lurch032003

Re: 2015 and start of new happenings what's yours?
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2015, 09:51:38 PM »
Hi dave ,
Yup tried that till I had fountain of diesel come out lol pump up too much lol, took out new solenoid and that was okay , took out and cleaned and reinserted all the fuel in parts and same with mail fuel filter got plenty fuel and no air , just doesn't want too inject fuel out to the injectors:-( must be a duff pump as its a unknown that sat as a unknown also so could well be dirt trapped to the outlets so nothing fir it bar to strip it all down and check fix any parts :-( :-( :-( I think all in I must of list a gallon if diesel trying different ways to get it too work :-(
Anyhows at least it now spins a whole lot faster with a different starter fitted to it so happy with that as that's halve the battle to get it to turn over quick , I've got Thursday and Friday left to get it running in time and to get it mot by sat to be able to join gene green road run on sat or Sunday up at his place as I so much would like to join it again this year.
Anyways time fir pain killers and flat floor to lay down on fir back and legs straight fir blood to flow and I will be okay again to do more come Thursday .
Laters
John

lurch032003

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2015, 01:10:15 PM »
:-( still not working :-( stripped it down all seems okay and is pumping but not to the injectors yet?'!?!?! Have tried bleeding and bleeding so tomorrow with a full battery and a Spair plus emergency pack I'm going to turn her over into life if it kills me , it can only be a air problem but fir the life of me I just can't get it flowing to the injectors , going to check all the fuel filter connections as I sure I should get fuel coming out the spill offs?!?! But none so maybe a blocked or damaged connection but tomorrow will tell me one way ir other .
Laters
John

prof-pat-pending

• Name: nick
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2015, 06:12:02 PM »
Before you try spray all of the pipework and the pump with WD40
It will seal any small air sucking in points
Has worked for me in the past as a get home measure
life is but a journey from birth to death - why rush ?
run a series landie and take your time
http://cumbriaclassiclandrovers.createaforum.com/index.php

lurch032003

« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2015, 06:18:35 PM »
Before you try spray all of the pipework and the pump with WD40
It will seal any small air sucking in points
Has worked for me in the past as a get home measure
Ty prof .
I will give it a try tomorrow as laid up on couch with my back groaning away I'm just having to do wee bouts of fixes again till I'm feeling better all this standing and crouching inside the engine bay is not helping me , each day I go to her I cross my fingers that it will start as by some miracle during the night it bleeds itself and all air is out and she starts , this post is turning into a epic novel of life with a Landy lol .
John

lurch032003

« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2015, 09:34:25 PM »
Well full battery tried wd40 and bleeding but too no avail most I'm getting at long last is a dribble coming out so not sure but I must be getting close to finding the problem , I also tried replacing the fuel pump but both one I had spair look and sounded the same and where pumping good . All I can think off now is that the injector pump itself is knackered but I'm just not convinced it is , I think I may have to take it off completly from the engine and total strip it down now as it wants to start just not getting fuel!!!
I really am at a loss all this work and failed to get it going is a real downer, I so wanted to have this starting by now as time spent on this I may of been quicker trying to fix the running 2:25 I had in it by now lol
:-(. :-(. :-(.

lurch032003

« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2015, 01:50:59 AM »
Well all fuel lines, filter are all okay, fuel getting in and it bleeds okay but it's just not sending fuel to the injectors, I have stripped it out this afternoon and have it at home to begin dismantle of it and see if  I can sort it if not I'm on the hunt for a 2,5 n/a injection pump so I can get her running, I'm beginning to wonder if this engine will run now I found out all these problems so far, plus after doing a check with the power charger which can also asses if the alternator is working it seems it doesn't but I do have a spair one if and when I do get it to run I find it is duff also.
So Sunday will be spent in the man cave trying to sort the injection pump now.
Laters
John

cenemc

« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2015, 10:27:41 PM »
John,
I don't know the 2.5 injection pump, but does it have a stop solenoid that needs 12v to allow fuel thro?
If so, have you tried removing the stop solenoid and blanking it off and then bleeding?

lurch032003

« Reply #67 on: September 14, 2015, 10:16:29 AM »
John,
I don't know the 2.5 injection pump, but does it have a stop solenoid that needs 12v to allow fuel thro?
If so, have you tried removing the stop solenoid and blanking it off and then bleeding?
Yep tried that , I have the pump and everything so fair seems okay I still to get I. Deeper and look but so far all seems okay but I just got a niggle that when I find the actual diaphragm or similar part it's going to be knackered so therefore a repair required or replacement pump required that works at this stage would be great so can see if the engine is any good since so far everything else has been bad but hopping that the engine was removed cause the pump itself was knackered ???
Anyways two options
1. hELP !!! Anyone got a 2.5N/A Diesl injection pump.
2. I manage to fix this one.
Cheers
John

Big Rich

• Name: Richard Baird
« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2015, 10:34:31 PM »
Sorry to hesr about the latest round of problems john. Hopefully you will get it sorted and be able to get out and use it again.

lurch032003

« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2015, 07:35:05 PM »
 :'( it won't work!! The injection pump is not injecting fuel despite good supply of fuel and it bled every which way possible, I had the pipes off to make sure they clear , I have hand pump near 2 gallons of fuel through it onto the ground and it's like I suspect if they have is the diaphragm is burst as with a full battery I'm just getting dribbles through.
I have put a want ad up fir one or help or advice to fix it.
I may be able to do a swap if someone is looking for something in exchange for one?
But the upshot is I need a working fuel pump to get her running so I can use her again or its back to the drawing board and a long saving up of the pennies to buy or send mine away to get fixed :-( but in meantime till I get one its back to the 2:25 and stripping it down in the garage to see if I can sort out why she's smoking.
Was hopping to have the Landy working by now as really miss using her getting on close to a year since she was on the road :-(
Oh well fingers crossed somebody out there is able to help me.
Cheers
John

lurch032003

« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2015, 12:09:44 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Great news she lives!!!! After long last and meeting Duncan this morning who kindly sold me a pump she now runs at last.
Found a oil leak from the sump so new gasket ordered,flex you fuel line sprang a leak so that's fixed. The tappets sound very tappity so getting them adjusted to make sure there set right,going to check the injectors while I'm doing it as a tad not that it's noticeable smoke but not had it fully warmed up or run so unsure but worth doing so can do the timing easy with them out.
Started putting all the flooring back in and secured which then leaves new window channels to be fitted on each side and then it's test run and fingers crossed if okay up fir it's mot .
Feeling rather chuffed with myself now as having a unknown fitted and got it running is a big achievement fir me lol
Any ways laters
John

prof-pat-pending

• Name: nick
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2015, 06:30:19 AM »
Top news that John  8)
life is but a journey from birth to death - why rush ?
run a series landie and take your time
http://cumbriaclassiclandrovers.createaforum.com/index.php

cenemc

« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2015, 06:17:40 PM »
Well Done!
Bet your relieved that she is running  ;D

lurch032003

« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2015, 06:44:41 PM »
I woke today with a smile on my face knowing she runs again ! By god it's been hard going and this year isn't over yet! I've still git so much more to do and that's not including getting back into the garage to get it cleaned up to make space again so I can start working on the s2a again 😀
I think my collection of spare parts is getting to be more of a permanent fixture so time to take stock of what I have and work out what I need to keep and what can be sold onto those in need as I need the space to work !! I now have a total of 4 2:25 Diesel engines one to be stripped down more , one that I need to figure if worth trying to fix, one working in the 2a and the one that I took out the s3 which is going to be fixed so it's a spare.
I gear box to be fitted in the s2a and its one to be fixed, got sides bonnets roof cab wheels and loads of other parts all to be sorted and be decided to be kept or not ?.? Oh the joys of being a hoarder is getting out of hand lol
Any ways tea has arrived so laters all.
John

cenemc

« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2015, 10:47:34 PM »
Well, any 2.25 D parts you are getting rid off, or even series parts, have a think of young Patch at BoT as a recipient ?
Contact Gene or me for the rest of the story.