Set of Tubeless rims and tyres required for S2A Lightweight. Help please.

· 3 · 1656

GAZ_XB9R

• Name: Gary Pratt
Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade / change over from my standard series rims to a set of tubeless rims with Malatesta Kaimans or Insa Special Tracks for off roading.

The original rims are 5.5 inch wide with an offset of 46mm.

As I have no power steering I don't want to compromise the steering geometry by fitting the wrong offset. (The centre of the rim should be central to the centreline of the swivel joint)

Anyone managed to get suitable rims for fitting 750 tyres?

If I go to a 6.5" rim that'll be an extra half inch wider either side of the boss. Therefore if I reduce the offset to 33mm (or therabouts) I should be ok for clearance on the inboard side.

The rim will stick an inch further out and may require I fit wheel arch extensions but we'll see.

If anyone has experience in this area it would be much appreciated as I'm struggling tbh.

Cheers

Gaz

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
Re: Set of Tubeless rims and tyres required for S2A Lightweight. Help please.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 11:14:31 AM »
My 2A lightweight is running with 7.50 General SAGs on Defender rims. No issues at all, good off road and decent road handling too.

....good to hear of another 2A locally - you know they only made about 2500 2a so survivors that were not ragged into the ground as trialers are rare ?  More S3s about.

Shug & I at Garelochhead last weekend...

If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

ruaritreble

• ruariboy
Hi
235/85R16 tyres are much the same as the 750R16
Both Shug & myself run on 265/75R16 tyres on defender 110 rims for the bigger offset. To help with chassis clearance we had to fit wheel spacers and in turn arch extensions. You can just see them on the front of Shugs car. Not a problem without power steering, although now its fitted its a lot easier to manoeuvre into the garage.
Karis 110 - The perfect way to get a MTB to the top of the hill.
Power to the pedal!

Myrtle Air Portable - V8
------------------------
MM6IIO
------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/ruariboy

http://s826.photobucket.com/home/ruariboy