Private parking ticket

· 15 · 3877

Dogmatix

• Name: Dave
Private parking ticket
« on: August 13, 2014, 11:52:03 AM »
Anyone had a parking ticket issued to them for parking in a 'Private' car park?
My daughter had one sent out to her, in December 2013, after supposedly out staying her welcome by 8 minutes. General advice, at the time, was to ignore it as it wasn't 'legal' for them to issue it.
She's now getting letters from 'Gladstone Solicitors' demanding payment and threatening court action.
The car park concerned was the one at B & Q in Dunfermline. It's apparently run by National Car Parks on behalf of the businesses located there.
These people really p*ss me off.....
Man has achieved great things armed with a large hammer and a good working knowledge in profanity..........

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
Re: Private parking ticket
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 03:11:18 PM »
Ignore it.
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

pitcaig

• SLROC Member no.2152
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 06:26:15 PM »
Yes ignore it.
They will try and scare you but until you get court papers (and you won't) just put it in the bin. What you'll find is that the solicitors will just be another arm of the parking company.
I've been there and done that with no issues.

piper5

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 09:49:07 PM »
ignore it but do not in any way  comunicate with them.

Kev91

• Name: Kevin Fulton
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 09:53:42 PM »
As they said, just ignore it.

I had a similar from when I lent my car to my brother and he out stayed his welcome in a car in Paisley.

Simply blanked all the letter, think I had 3 from the company and 3 from the solicitors on their behalf.

lurch032003

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 10:38:35 PM »
I had one when my motorhome broke down and refused to start in a service station car park , the pic showed my time of entry and leaving with a picture time stamped!!! I called up and question them on if they had cameras did they not see the big yellow AA lorrie with flashing lights next to me trying to fix me??? They backed down and was told to ignore the ticket .
Anther was a friend whose transport is a transit van and he parked it a child only bay which he had his two kids in , at. Asda , I wrote to state this is his only means if transport and it dies not state what type if vehicle you transport your children in or that it could not be used to park in that bay, a letter if apology was given.
If a company acting on behave of a anther company issues you with a ticket write a letter to the issuer complaining and state that they are in the wrong and the information if your stay was legal and within the time frame as you had returned and re entered to do more shopping therefore you were there to shop fir goods and refuse to pay any ticket and demand a apology but don't ignore them as they do harm your credit rating . 

pitcaig

• SLROC Member no.2152
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 10:52:55 PM »
but don't ignore them as they do harm your credit rating .

No it does not, it would only cause harm if it went to court. But they will not take you to court.

Dogmatix

• Name: Dave
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 01:57:21 AM »
Thanks for the replies guys.
I was pretty sure there was jack schitt they really could do  but wanted a 'second opinion.
These people really get my back up.
Bunch of scamming wasters sitting in their fancy offices. They donate nothing to society and certainly are in no way productive. Barstewards!  >:(
Thanks again
Man has achieved great things armed with a large hammer and a good working knowledge in profanity..........

SJF

• Name: Stuart Ford
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 09:40:18 PM »
Basically they can issue what the like however for it to have any meaning as you enter the car park it must have a closed barrier with the terms and conditions of entry and a button you press to open the barrier if you agree to the conditions. They must have pictures of vehicle and drivers face entering car park and opening gate also time and date stamped. Then vice versa for leaving. The company cannot "fine , ticket or charge" as only the council and police can issue these statements. They can only issue you with a fee any incorrect wording on there behalf actually puts them into the firing line for fraud. But after all this there are no trespass laws in Scotland and the car park is owned by a business there for is it private land you cannot trespass via foot or motor vehicle. Unless the local council have prohibited motor vehicle use in the area. Also if they had all this evidence you were not agreeing to t&c to enter you we're simply disagreeing however they did not provide a sufficient turning Area so you had to enter. The piece of paper is worth more than what's written on it. If you look into law there are some very cleaver ways of wording but these guys would be laugh of of court if they were stupid Enough to take it there. I generally use these "fees" to make paper aeroplanes for entertaining the kids  :) these are generally aimed at the elderly as they panic as they look official like police issued ones they panic and pay to avoid any trouble
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 09:42:41 PM by SJF »

graeme1mckay

• Name: graeme mckay
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2014, 03:57:30 PM »
Going through the same thing. Got one from the retail park at livingstone (the pets at home, maplin, halfrauds). All the advice has been to ignore all the letters. This is due to Scots law saying there is no liability on the owner of the vehicle. They then have to prove who was driving at the time. It becomes to costly to pursue. They will send 5 or 6 letters before they give up. If you answer any correspondence apparently that is all they neex to prove you are the person they are in dispute with. Different down south.

konads

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2014, 09:08:13 PM »
As above, in scotland you can just ignore them. I've done this, not sure how long they kept sending me letters as I happened to move house after the first one!

Tommy B

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2014, 09:10:20 PM »
I generally use these "fees" to make paper aeroplanes for entertaining the kids  :) these are generally aimed at the elderly as they panic as they look official
Now I'm no legal expert, but surely there are laws against that!! ;D
Never Apologise - Never Explain                     (Sorry, I should say I read that in a book somewhere!!)

Tim

• Carbon has a footprint but it has no feet.........
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2014, 06:58:25 PM »
I received a load of these letters from Tesco in Stirling for parking my brand new, 15 minutes out of the dealership, FFRR in a parent and child slot so nobody could open car doors onto it, it also allowed both my parents to get out of the car easily....... Tesco's parking monitoring company where not amused but they couldn't deny that I was right to park there - I pointed out that there are no notices saying how old parents and child have to be................. 45 year old "child" in new Range Rover with not one but BOTH elderly parents travelling in the car.................. The attendant who came out to shout at me backed down straight away and had to agree that that was the case BUT the spirit of the thing was for young women with small children. Tesco's loss, not mine as I haven't graced Tesco Stirling's facility since, Waitrose and Sainsbury have so much parking away from the store that I can now park my car across two slots to avoid parking dings. Strange that when I park in either store with a mud splattered Defender nobody parks anywhere near me! ;D
On my drive now - Zanzibar Bronze Evoque 5 door Dynamic Lux Plus with Intelligence & Black Packs with Tan interior
Gone - Fuji White RR Evoque Coupe Dynamic Lux Plus
Staying - 1996 Epsom Green TDi 300 CHT that is now a CSW

tio

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2014, 06:10:05 PM »
I received a load of these letters from Tesco in Stirling for parking my brand new, 15 minutes out of the dealership, FFRR in a parent and child slot so nobody could open car doors onto it, it also allowed both my parents to get out of the car easily....... Tesco's parking monitoring company where not amused but they couldn't deny that I was right to park there - I pointed out that there are no notices saying how old parents and child have to be................. 45 year old "child" in new Range Rover with not one but BOTH elderly parents travelling in the car............... ;D
Tim thats an absolute peach, both monitor and keyboard duly ruined as dripping with coffee a true laff out loud moment cheers for sharing,,,,,,,,

3 coops

• RRC HCPU/ Disco 200TDI/Ser2SWB/RiceHorseBox
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2014, 11:12:03 AM »
Tim,

very good, does that include son-in-laws as I have carelessly run out of parents?

coop
VERY FOND OF WEISSBIER