Leaning Disco 2

· 5 · 1369

alexmcrobbie

• Name: Alex McRobbie
Leaning Disco 2
« on: March 02, 2014, 10:41:09 PM »
Hi Guys,

My Disco has developed a bit of a lean when parked with the driver's side lowering slightly once the engine is turned off. When the car is running he sits pretty square but after leaving the car you can hear air being exhausted from the O/S air bag.

The bags and height sensors were replaced within the last year so I'm fairly confident that I can rule them out. Having said that, I'd like to have a look a what heights they are recording and see why the car is dropping itself. Is there any way to do this without buying a diagnostic tool or should I start saving for a Nanocom?..  :D

[attachment deleted by admin]
2003 TD5 Disco ES (George)

mikes lr

• Name: michael sherwood
Re: Leaning Disco 2
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 09:13:14 AM »
you can use my hawkeye if u like in falkirk

geoff

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 04:50:12 PM »
it's really easy to change the bags if you have a hole

The Classic Man

• Name: Robin Watt
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 05:17:59 PM »
If you wish you can try my Hawkey. I have only had it about a month so you to try it, I live in Dumbarton PM me.
The Classic Man
Heros & RNLI member

Alarmgard

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 05:27:40 PM »
Best to get some soapy water and look for a leak. There is also a 4mm push fitting up near the chassis rail, that can corrode, so check this. Also check the top of the bag at the connector and at the valve block in the compressor.

As for age of your bags, that doesn't matter, its more a case of what you have been using the vehicle for, if dirt or grit gets up in the folds of the bag and hasn't been washed out then they can rub a hole quickly.
Colin Rodger

Marshals needed for CompSafari's give me a call if you can help.
Email:colin.rodger@virgin.net or mobile: 07767726075