genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
Re: what did you do with your landy in 2014
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2014, 09:37:21 PM »
Shiny new Radiator in the 90, no issues other than a jubilee clip on the bottom hose, hard to get at and rusted. I oiled it and used a lump hammer to knock the head round to where I could get at it....  All up and running now :-)

If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

lurch032003

« Reply #76 on: May 16, 2014, 09:17:50 PM »
It's all bolted back together according to the book and have filled it up with oil and water, turned her over and zip she demands her battery to be charged as drained it last time and I forgot :-( anyways on with charger and will try it tomorrow and fingers crossed the smoky is fixed or now can be adjusted enough to stop it now.
Cheers

lurch032003

« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2014, 09:03:00 PM »
 ??? Well went to turn over the S3 and she's wanting too but not starting to point drained battery, check all fuel lines, bleed it , used some and small amount of easy start but she just won't fire up herself, will check all injectors etc tomorrow and try again, she was hard to start before but sounds like if no fuel getting in so first check is cav to see if its pumping oh well down but not out.
My S2a got its check straps fitted to it after I made four new brackets for them and trip to B/Q for new bolts as run out again. I also fitted its first shock absorber as she had none when I got her so bar doing other side she will be ready to have her tub refitted soon.
Anyways that's all fir now .
Cheers 

Big Rich

• Name: Richard Baird
« Reply #78 on: May 18, 2014, 06:32:10 PM »
Broke out the polish and took it to the classic car show at bridge of allan

lurch032003

« Reply #79 on: May 19, 2014, 03:56:17 AM »
Feeling rather stupid again lol, I done what I already worked out when putting the cav pump injector back on, I forgot to take the sproket and fit it to the cav first. the engibe it does work but the cav pump is not connected in order to rotate to pump diesel to engine hence it not starting again, bar that got tub back on the S2a, i have the rear section complete and took all the self tapping bolts out and replaced them with rivets. it looks so better and there flush so getting there slow but sure.

lurch032003

« Reply #80 on: May 19, 2014, 09:03:44 PM »
Looked at it again in the garage and decided it's never going to get finished by me so the time has come to sell my project  :'(

Have a look at the For Sale section for my trials / comp project if your interested

Here's a picture

Loks like a nice project for someone but I full up have two already keeping me busy hope someone out there snaps it up soon, well got my S3 to dirt if run I think my cav pump is faulty as when started will run at idel as long as peddle pressed full to floor? Didn't have this problem before but have a Spair cav which wil try tomorrow , on the S2a bolted her tub in place and started to sand down its panels swapping between the two so can sit and do one and stand doing other till legs plays up just incase someone wondered why I'm jumping between the two .

lurch032003

« Reply #81 on: May 20, 2014, 08:00:13 PM »
I'm ready to say the engine (name withheld) sold me is a dud and I can't get her to work but have learned a lot in trying, so all I can do now is ask if anyone has a 2 1/4 Diesel engine for sale that I can see running or have one that they know is good and no longer require. If anyone can assist me in my quest to get my S3 back on the road I be most gratefull. Please note money wise I'm near skint so if dear may have to wait a couple months to get paid !
Cheers
John
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 09:25:48 PM by lurch032003 »

Scott110

« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2014, 10:32:01 PM »
Lately been getting my 300tdi 110 ready to go back on the road. New rear crossmemeber welded on main chassis rails fine so lucky to get good metal to weld too. Fabricated heavy duty mid body outriggers. And general other tweaks and adjustments. Its been dry stored for the last 2 odd years. Need it on the road the petrol 90 far to dear to use as a daily drive. Once done on to the next landrover its a never ending joy...... Love them really honestly.
1988 Defender 110 300tdi. Bit of an animal.
1998 Defender 90 300tdi. The new pup.

lurch032003

« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2014, 05:29:27 PM »
Well feeling really peed off as didn't have her ready to goto the Slroc day at Bathgate but dud turn up in my Saab lol , and no I didn't go off roading in it lol, I did however get taken round course (forgot his name) by a really nice chap which made me feeling even worse not having mine as would if loved it. Pity weather wasn't that great but it just added to the day making some parts of the course nice and muddy , and a bit hairy as the driver taking me round and I found out as at one point we where sliding down at a very scary angle.
Anyhow look at fantastic weekend was being had and very well attended event look forward to when I can partake in the next event if I get her working .
For now its back to strip out old and await a new engine so laters all.

lurch032003

« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2014, 08:05:50 PM »
Got the dud engine stripped out and strip it if parts to add to my growing collection so all I need now is a working engine to put back in, hope to get a answer on the replacement engine soon and that its passed its test and then delivered to me soon.
I now got two stripped dud engines ready to weigh in and get some beer tokens along with a collection of other bits and bobs may even get enough to fill tank up lol
Anyways rest till I get replacement delivered but off to the car show on Sunday at thurleston castle starts on sat and on Sunday two .
Laters all
John

lurch032003

« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2014, 11:22:32 AM »
At a complete stand still as still looking for a diesel 2:25 l engine as one that looked promising after it had been tested turned out to be a smoky also so hunt fir one continues so if you have a series Diesel engine 2:25 and its a good one and I can see or view it running or some sort of guarantee its good as been duped once so its a case if once bitten twice shy sorry .
So in short I need a engine and be a diesel and be 2:25 please help if you can.

Cheers in need john

lurch032003

« Reply #86 on: June 04, 2014, 02:08:38 PM »
 ;D well fingers crossed looks like i have found a engine just organizing its delivery and then once here give it a service and check before fitting and fingers crossed i will be back on the road, thanks to all who have tried to help me get one.

john

Big Rich

• Name: Richard Baird
« Reply #87 on: June 05, 2014, 05:28:26 PM »
Hope it turns out to be a good one.

lurch032003

« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2014, 09:46:12 PM »
Well its arrived safe and ready to start its life with me thanks to network4x4 eBay seller fir all there help in providing information on it plus assisting move-it-express courier company getting it loaded up and delivery of it too me, can't fault either fir there help and regular updates on it progress to me.
Now tomorrow the hard work begins in checking its all okay to fit, first job is to remove the gear box that came with it which will become a spare,  which was a bonus in the purchase to get . So I will let you know how I get on and hopefully I can turn the key to success in next day or two health and weather permitting .
Laters all
John

lurch032003

« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2014, 03:08:09 PM »
Well first turn off key and she started no problem wooooo hooooo !!!! Took her fir test run just the clutch to bleed a bit more , air in Tyers and check water and oil and that's her done bar I now have the garage to tidy up which can wait lol bar that my landrover lives again .