neils

• Name: Neil Scott
Re: what did you do with your landy in 2014
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2014, 12:06:22 PM »
If it's been sitting for a while clutch plate might just be stuck to flywheel. I had that problem on old series, wheeled it up against  SUBSTANTIAL wall pushed clutch peddle to floor and tried to start it, after a few tries it freed off.
88" coil v8 trials motor
S111 Project
62 Willys Wagon (project)  shh keep this quiet!

lurch032003

« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2014, 05:29:29 PM »
Hi all,I'm not feeling to bad, I  worked out what I have to do , gear box dropped and clutch replaced and parts checked, cylinder head valve stems seals all need doing and ground in so big jobs but not impossible to do just time consuming , cleaned up garage and painted the under body of other landy tub and now resting up. 
Cheers all

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2014, 07:07:09 PM »
^^^^ A rather simpler job..... Robbed the foam from one seat back to replace the gubbed foam in another as part of making up two good matching seats from 4 assorted ones. Turned out to be easier than I thought. The seat back peels off like a pillow case, just a sort of plastic zip-lock do-da at the bottom to deal with. The foam inside is glued to the metalwork but with a bit of careful separation it came off without damage.

If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

Big Rich

• Name: Richard Baird
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2014, 08:04:08 PM »
Finally cleaned the mud off from the green road run. Probably won't be welcome on my local forecourt for a while.

lurch032003

« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2014, 08:54:37 AM »
Well since the 5th I haven't managed to get out to do her only some welding on the other one in the garage and near took the top of my middle finger off with grinder lol
Using the mug welder I bought for the first time to do the underneath welding and boy oh boy what a difference and much easyier to use especially for me as the blood flows out my arms within secs on them going above my heart and all grip goes this was so much easyier I found to use and control and got what I feel a better weld done .
Anyways first trip out in Motorhome at present all going okay she ran sweet and sat at 60 most of the way in this wind to auchtermuchty I defiantly need new carpets down

Anyways laters

Cheers hic

Big Rich

« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2014, 10:40:16 AM »
Got the new rear springs fitted and the exhaust hangers replaced, then dicovered that the steering lock/ ignition switch that i picked up is for a diesel not a petrol. Aaaaarrgghh

lurch032003

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2014, 03:24:37 PM »
Got the new rear springs fitted and the exhaust hangers replaced, then dicovered that the steering lock/ ignition switch that i picked up is for a diesel not a petrol. Aaaaarrgghh

I feel you pain nothing worse in finding out the part is ment for the opposite type engine or ordered wrong brake hose etc hope you get this fixed soon but nice going on everything else that's major work you have achieved so the switch is pretty nothing really and a easy fix

Big Rich

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2014, 06:48:18 PM »
It is a relatively minor problem but it was so frustrating because i was so chuffed to find one in good order. Back to gemm on monday to raid the petrol series 3 this time.

Big Rich

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2014, 12:54:08 PM »
Got the right switch this time, just got to fit it now. Also picked up a brand new front panel for next to nothing so quite chuffed with that.

lurch032003

« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2014, 07:25:04 PM »
Hi all had a busy two days of it as back working on S3 have managed after stripping out interior to get to gear box have managed to change over the clutch , old one look from marks on face plate to off been sized on and was not to badly worn so will keep it got a Spair once its been sorted and fixed for reuse so tomorrow just have to bolt it all back together and see if I have managed to sort whatever was wrong and get on with the head as new oil seals and grind all the tappers in and hopefully then will of cured the excessive smoke problem at same time anyways will catch u all laters
Cheers
John

lurch032003

« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2014, 09:38:33 PM »
Success , got the gear box back in lol it was a lot harder then I anticipated it would be , scissor  jack under engine to life it at the bell housing , crane with precision placed rope and tie loop wire , plus trolley jack , jumping on it, went through two litres juice, two of the fake fags cartoniser and woolaa it slips into place and slow lower it lines up perfect for its mounts I take a sigh of relief at last, once all bolted and tightened into position took out jet wash and yep I jet washed it so all the gunge and oil from the old engine is washed of her and amazingly its got a silver casing lol feeling proud of my progress I even put seat box back in after it been undercoated and sealed ready to tighter up and Finnish tomorrow fingers crossed again as still to see if it works yet lol
Cheers all
Laters

lurch032003

« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2014, 04:42:04 PM »
I'm just in after putting all back together and she lives and drives well smoky at moment but she does work in all gears so now just to fix the smoky side if it and she is done completed at last. Woo hoo
Laters away for a drink

Sooty

• been there winched that
  • Name: mike robertson
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2014, 07:56:32 PM »
made some progress in preparing for KOG next month,
changed the existing aluminium roof for a 3mm polycarb clear roof, plus built & fitted some door tops as it was cheaper than having custom window nets made

got an alternator to rebuild & new shocks should be here on thursday
Started out with nothing,
Still have most of it left

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2014, 09:28:04 PM »
Took the 90 on todays GRR for a change. Beautiful day and stunning scenery...

« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 09:31:31 PM by genem »
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

lurch032003

« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2014, 12:12:07 AM »
Today i started striping of bits and bobs to get my cylinder head off tomorrow to start its overhaul of it and hope when off I find no horrors lurking below as spent a lot of time on her now so here's hopping alls well and it will end well
Anyways laters
Cheers