lurch032003

Re: what did you do with your landy in 2014
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2014, 11:12:24 PM »
P***** off by the 3rd windscreen wash nozzle in a year snapping off in the frost ....and being a pain to fit a new one unless you have treble joined 9in long fingers....   so I've re-routed the wash water to two twin nozzles mounted on the bonnet. Far better coverage on the windscreen, 45 minutes work and all the components involved cost £10 more than another rubbish LR nozzle.

I often wondered how the hell they would be done as have two new ones and need to replace the drivers one but with what you have done sounds far better way to go and a great idear cheers gene for the way to do it ( head now gone into rest mode ) something else to do .
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 06:49:53 PM by Admin »

genem

• I'm not completely daft. Some pieces are missing.
  • Name: Gene Maxwell
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2014, 11:58:39 PM »
Just take care to experiment with where the jet will land. Nozzle too close to the bulkhead will mean the jet does not go high enough. My nozzles are now about 4 inches in front of the hinge plate.
If its not broken you are not trying hard enough....

ttuck3r

• The older I get the faster I was...
  • Name: Tommy
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2014, 09:46:48 PM »
Got rid of the leaky rectangle reverse and fog light renewed the wiring and installed the round lights, with adding some aluminium plate, this offers some rigidity for my drop down ladder to sit on.

lurch032003

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2014, 07:47:47 PM »
Well after a long sore day I managed on my own-some to get my replacement engine into the landy the 74 one which will be tax free next year woo hoo anyways it took from 11am till 5 with my seat , carpet on ground and painkillers with loads of rests stops I thought I would never get it done , I think all in discounting breaks I had to take it took 2 hrs work with 4 hrs resting lol anyways bar nuts to go on and a jiggle to line it up its in so just have to try remember where everything connects too which will be fun lol oh well rest day tomorrow as totally f@@ked and sore really over did it should of got folk in to do it for me anyways laters

ttuck3r

• The older I get the faster I was...
  • Name: Tommy
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2014, 08:44:40 PM »
Well done to you, just get back in to it tomorrow and get it all sorted, then worry about the aches an pains some other time with an alcoholic beverage.

lurch032003

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2014, 09:18:03 PM »
Ty wish I could but have medical problems in my legs which prevent me doing to much at once hence the time it took and all the resting I did, I would love to just keep going like I use too but they days are gone for now but on a good level I have got this far so pretty good for me but I will get to it.

lurch032003

« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2014, 09:42:43 AM »
Took advantage of a nice day yesterday and feeling okay to get out and do more on landy , bar the plumbing side of things and oil she is just about ready but and there always a but with a landy my master brake cylinder is U/S so new one on order plus a service kit for broken one so have a Spair somehow during assembly I managed to squeeze the copper clutch pipe shut and as I checked the clutch once engine was bolted up it went snap grrr oh well the joys
Laters all

lurch032003

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2014, 10:51:08 AM »
Knock knock postie at door and a new clutch master cylinder has arrived so going to get that fitted today and anything else I can but got a meeting at work first oh well can only hope weather improves till then laters all

lurch032003

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2014, 09:17:43 PM »
 ;D got to the point off where I put key in to turn her over a few times a way hay all okay and still working as should, tomorrow is battery on charge a fitting all floor plating in cab and attach oil cath filter, check water and oil levels and see if she will fire up .
Laters

lurch032003

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2014, 07:34:01 PM »
Spent all day trying to work out why the injectors aren't getting fuel , checked all lines , bleed everything but still no fuel to the injectors ????? Read and re-read the manual and everything seems connected up right I just can't figure it out, so disconnect everything from cav and put on one from my engine before and hay presto she fire up but soon died as must of been enough fuel in her at least I know the engine runs, anyway all I can think of is I have the top and bottom pipe wrong way connected to fittings so on Monday / Tuesday will swap them over as I think this is it well laters
Cheers

lurch032003

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2014, 06:16:09 PM »
well its done, what you say, i have got my landy to turn over and start all that's left is to tune it up and bleed the clutch and a test run to see if any leaks or fingers crossed anything else, bar that, one engine swap done, okay it took over three months but come on, im not able to do what i use too considering my health, plus i feel damm proud of myself its the first i ever done myself and using a manual to do it.

lurch032003

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2014, 06:42:20 PM »
 >:( the engine smokes like a tug boat not as bad as other one but still smokes blue , tried everything to recitifi it bar do the valves stems seals, wish i had been told its actual condition so i could off done the work on it before i strived for ages to fit it, not a happy person right now and you know who you are !!! a little honesty would of helped me !!!
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

neils

• Name: Neil Scott
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2014, 09:13:52 PM »
Nothing worse after all that work, feel for you.
Try keep going, it'll be even more rewarding now once you do get it fixed.
88" coil v8 trials motor
S111 Project
62 Willys Wagon (project)  shh keep this quiet!

Reacher

• Name: Brian Rowan
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2014, 09:53:31 PM »
What a nightmare! Hope you shame the individual into giving you some compensation! Keep up the good work. Been enjoying seeing your progress!  :)

lurch032003

« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2014, 12:48:01 AM »
Forgot to say how I got it running, when putting on the cav injector it fits on a spindle cig a certain way so it must be lined up so managed to get it out of engine the cig bit and turned each so they would line up when put together hard bit worked out using grease to hold the spindle cog in cav first helped locate it into engine and way ho it works and squirtling fuel this also ment I now had to tune it up this is where it becomes problem matic , blue smoke grrrr anyways read if you advance or retard the cav it can reduce or clear the smoke by turning it one degree at a time, well tried both directions and no difference bar engine either races or near cuts out so set it in between where least smoke was coming out, then again reset all the points and still no difference , back to manual and read upon forums by sounds if engine and looks it could now be valve steam seals so have done homework to find out how to do them so that's next task .
 Also have to drop gear box out to check clutch as it's not disengaging so have that to do also now Grrrr who said it would be easy lol by end of this I will open up a small garage and start fixing others ascwill have the equipment and knowlege and experience of doing it lol
Anyways it's late and needctovtry get some sleeep laters
Cheers
John