DEFENDER td5 2006 pROBLEM (OR Not)

· 7 · 1729

geoff1

DEFENDER td5 2006 pROBLEM (OR Not)
« on: January 21, 2014, 03:04:18 PM »
Hi
Have an intermittent power loss problem,but while looking at reports on Nanocom I see its listing the Wastegate Modulator as DISABLED,now I am more used to series lR and Td5 diagnostics are a black art to me.
can anyone advise if this wastegate should be Enabled ( which makes more sense) and any reason for it to be disabled.
Hope this makes sense . this is just a side issue re the intermittent power loss which I am still monitoring as no faults are shown in reports.
Cheers
geoff

cooltshirt

• savethegaywhale.com
Re: DEFENDER td5 2006 pROBLEM (OR Not)
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2014, 06:04:58 PM »
I was intrigued and so googled this
I came across this comment 'Wastegate modulator is for Discovery TD5's not for Defenders so it shows up disabled on Defender ECU's.'
here:
http://forum.landrovernet.com/archive/index.php/t-171873.html
and on a different thread/forum the same thing was said here:
http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=25987

1983 110 V8. RIP

mikes lr

• Name: michael sherwood
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2014, 06:16:35 PM »
check your hoses to the wastegate 8mm ones
have you checked the ecu for oil in the red plug

geoff1

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 07:21:10 PM »
Thanks for the info,will check the plug for oil tomorrow,when first checked with Nanocom it showed a fault "02-08 Ambient pressure circuit" what does that refer too, I cleared that fault and its not come back again, but still has intermittent loss of power particularly when cold,thought it might be the throttle pot but that's dry,perseverance!!

Thanks again for the info\advice.
Cheers
Geoff

mikes lr

• Name: michael sherwood
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 10:06:54 PM »
Thanks for the info,will check the plug for oil tomorrow,when first checked with Nanocom it showed a fault "02-08 Ambient pressure circuit" what does that refer too, I cleared that fault and its not come back again, but still has intermittent loss of power particularly when cold,thought it might be the throttle pot but that's dry,perseverance!!

Cheers
Geoff
ambient presure is the sensor on the airbox
also check your manifold air preasure
what readings are you getting on the mass air flow

tio

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2014, 02:53:54 PM »
waste gate activation on the disco and defender td5's is different, the defender has no ecu controlled waste gate boost controller,

geoff1

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2014, 07:16:10 PM »

Cheers
Geoff
Checked the red plug ,very slight smear clean oil,cleaned it up and will test tomorrow, how do I get the mass air flow reading, cant see any reference to this on nanocom (not evolution).
Cheers