lurch032003

need help to rectifi problem please
« on: November 25, 2013, 03:57:22 PM »
 i am totally down to nothing in my head for a soulution and beg you peps to help me solve or tell me what will be required so here goes in bullit point fashion and apoligys for spelling,

@ - belching out white to black/blue smoke on warm up from idel.
@-  start engine normal way 2 1/4 diesel and let it warm up okay for say 10 mins
@- small puff white smoke and then more and idel increases and smoke gets desser and desser to point switch off engine.
@- after say 10 mins restart engine and leave at idel to warm up all okay,
@- use landrover say all day into town and back leave to sit for a few hrs go back out and restart everything normal as it should be.
@ 24hrs later goto start of this and it begins again.

i have done the following-
1. took and replaced engine air brather pipe,
2. replaced oil bath oil and cleaned.
3. checked all fuel lines and injectors all okay.
4. took rocker cover off and checked all valve settings are 0.010 0r 0.25mm

then with rocker cover off i found this happening, valve number two starts like pumping oil out into the rocker area fron enging to point it overflows and gets suck into air inlet valves of engine causing the engine to idel and smoke badly,

so heres the what is it querstion, why or what do i have as a paroblem with cylinder one or valve 2 in engine to stop it pumping oil up and why is it okay once engine is wramed up/
i say thankyou to anyone who gives a answer to this as i am completely gouing bald with this.
THANKYOU FOR YOUR HELP

john the man going bald!!!!
 1zhelp

KonZektt

• Name: Graeme Sherman
Re: need help to rectifi problem please
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 05:26:38 PM »
has the head been off?  has the cyl head gasket been put on with sealant?   
had this with a punto    the oil drain holes were narrowed with sealant a long drill the size of the drain hole clamped with a set of mole grips  the sealant extracted on the drill bit    problem solved
regards kz