Hello new p38 owner

· 8 · 1840

Adzthestig

• Name: Adam Pearce
Hello new p38 owner
« on: September 02, 2013, 12:34:50 PM »
Hi aye! I'm a new range rover p38 owner first range/land rover. Couple of things need sorting on it. Won't go in to low box (it's a manual) and other bits and bobs. Head liner falling down and sound system ain't workin only drivers door :( also I was a Hilux no owner ;) sorry guys. I also have a opel manta.

SJF

• Name: Stuart Ford
Re: Hello new p38 owner
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 09:25:40 PM »
Hello and welcome great looking machine you got there  ;D
I prefer the manta big brother the monza lol

sj72blair

• Name: Steven Blair
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 11:23:59 PM »
Hi and welcome, nice looking P38. I also came from the manta stable way back through the mists of time and owned ADZ4575 for a number of years( now owned by Simon Crook) and moving on to dare I mention a Toyota Surf and Landcruiser Colorado as well as too many Land Rovers currently filling my driveway!

Good chance the motor to change between high/low ratio will be seized through lack of use, be careful it doesn,t get stuck between the two if your trying to change between hi/lo.They are also common for door locks going faulty affecting the central locking.

Hope this helps, best wishes.

Stevie.

Adzthestig

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 08:30:40 AM »
You owned a adz car!! Wow!! Got any pic's!?

Yeah that helps. Aye it won't also go back in to high. Was stuck up the back of the house for 20min's trying to sort it.

Are p38's good off road??

Dunc

• Name: Duncan Thomson
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 09:52:33 PM »
 :)  Hi welcome . I too have a P38 a 2001 plate and it is excellent off road and possibly better when I change it from road tyres to something with a wee bit more grip.  Duncan
If a hammer won't fix it, get a bigger hammer !!

Adzthestig

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 05:39:39 PM »
So far I have sorted the drivers door handle. Rear seats (wouldn't fold up) sound system (it's been hacked up) fitted a sub woofer. And head unit. The flat battery key fob. Tail gate drop down wires rotten!!

Next is roof liner sagging. Oil leak from the filter. Low box not workin. Getting there now

wildwoodflower

• Name: Kathy
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2013, 10:25:31 AM »
Hello!
Lovely Rangie. Is it a diesel or V8?
My children have been lobbying hard for one of these. Apparently it is more comfortable and faster than an Series 3 109 Station Wagon! Who knew?
I was thinking 'as well as' rather than 'instead of' - but keep that bit to yourself.
It seems that P38s have a bit of a reputation for 'issues' and when I idly mentioned to Lenny - ranger12 on here - that I quite fancied one I got a severe dressing down. When I repeated this calumny to Shug he started to fashion a noose from a lifting strop, so I changed the subject.
A good one, they say, is a joy. I'll be interested to know how you get on.
All the best, Kathy

Adzthestig

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 08:43:51 PM »
Hi aye! It's a 2.5td manual. Still loving it. Used to have a mk3 hilux single cab. So it's a massive difference.

Having problems with my low box. Bought a new electric motor for it. But no change my motor works fine. How hard should it be to turn the bar coming out the gear box? I can turn it with my fingers. Will it get better with use. It dose go in to low but comes back out.